Chapter 15

"Two days after we get released from jail and you're already causing trouble?" Seth asked Kaden blandly as he flopped beside on him on the couch.

Kaden cracked open his beer can retorting just as blandly, "You can barely say barging in on our neighbors fucking and telling them to quiet down 'trouble'. I need my beauty sleep."

Seth's eyes traveled to Kaden's beer, then slowly back up to him. Blandly replying and leaving it at that, he said, "Some beauty sleep."

Ignoring him, Kaden used the remote to turn the TV on. Shortly after being released from jail, the two found themselves sharing a small apartment on the outskirts of the city they were recently imprisoned in. Seth even managed to score a job at the local KFC to help with finances.

Taking a swig of his beer, Kaden turned to the news channel. The news reporter was talking about a missing dog found in a sewer. Letting out a belch, Kaden set his beer of to the side.

Seth took his work hat off and ran his hand through his hair a couple of times. Kaden watched him and commented, "I gotta give you props for working there since you hate fried chicken."

Shrugging, he threw his cap onto the table off to the side. "They're the only place who would accept an ex-prisoner," he said.

Kaden chuckled at that and told him, "Another reason why I'm giving you props. I would've never gotten a job."

Seth gave him a look like he knew and just replied, "I know because unlike you, I had a life before a gang."

Fake hurt crossed Kaden's features and he placed his hand over his heart in mock hurt saying, "Are you saying you didn't have a life with me?"

Rolling his eyes, Seth ignored him. Kaden chuckled at his response and reached for his beer when the TV flashed with block letters that read 'BREAKING NEWS'.

Picking his can up and sipping from it, he watched as the same lady from before popped up onto the screen. She reported, "We've received new information on the jail break from two nights ago."

The screen faded from her and to the jail. It showed inmates outside for the day. Seth noted, "Don't miss that place."

Nodding in agreement, Kaden took another sip from his can. The lady began to report again. "It is seemed the unknown person who helped the prisoner escape was seen headed toward Jefferson later that night. Reports also showed that the vehicle at the scene matched the one the witness saw."

Fading away from the jail, Ryan's mugshot appeared on the screen. Kaden dropped his can, spitting out his beer in shock. Seth's jaw dropped in shock.

The two sat in silence as the lady continued ramble about that if anyone else had information on the two, to please call police. The broadcast soon faded to a TV show ad.

Starring off into space, Kaden said aloud, "Did he really escape jail?"

Seth slowly nodded, that being his only answer. Kaden blinked out of his trance of disbelief and picked his can up. He swore under his breath as he saw the stain he had created in the carpet.

Ignoring that for now, he turned to Seth. "Do you realize the problems this could cause? Especially if he and the person who helped him break out try to break Leon free as well?" Kaden asked.

Seth sighed, running his hand through his hair and answered, "For us? We'd only have to worry about Leon, who for now, is still locked up. Ryan's not our problem."

Sitting back, Kaden mumbled, "But it is Harry's." Seth heard that but didn't comment.

The two stayed silent for a couple more minutes, their brains working through the mess and trying to figure it out. A light bulb suddenly went off in Kaden's head. His grip on the beer can tightened, crunching it.