Chapter 10

Harry sipped his coffee, the nerves awake and spreading throughout his body. His fingers twitched as he checked the time again.

8:52 AM.

Purposely, he told Louis to meet him for breakfast before the trial. Telling him to meet him at the little cafe at 8:50 would guarantee him there before 9:00.

A few minutes later, the door opened and Louis trudged through. Fixing his beanie, he searched the restaurant for Harry.

Their eyes locked onto each others, Harry's fingers twitching again, but with wanting to touch Louis. Although the tension between them was obvious, Harry stayed seated and Louis calmly walked over.

Louis sat down and the waitress took his drink order. After, Louis turned to face Harry with a dazzling smile. Harry felt a hand find his under the table, color appearing across his cheeks. Louis smiled a bit more saying, "Hey."

Harry smiled brightly back to him and said, "Hey... I can see you're still not a morning person."

Chuckling to himself, Louis nodded as the waitress set down his water. They both ordered their food options and as soon as the waitress disappeared, their attention was on each other.

Harry felt his hand squeezed under the table, bringing another smile to his lips. Harry said, "So let me get this straight... You said your dad put you on leave?"

Louis sighed, dropping Harry's hand in the process. Rubbing his hands on his face and releasing a sigh, he said, "Yeah, like probation basically. Just for work."

Harry nodded and asked, "Did you get the tapes like I suggested?"

Louis fixed his hair under his beanie before answering. "No, I requested them though. I have to go back some time and get them," he answered.

Nodding, Harry took long sip of his coffee. He looked back up to Louis and asked, "The argument didn't escalate to anything, did it?"

Louis chuckled and said, "No, it didn't. You should know that, I mean, remember when you fought with your dad? You went to jail!"

Blushing from embarrassment, Harry mumbled back, "I had drank before that..."

Interrupting his senseless rambling with a chuckle, Louis told him, "I'm just teasing you Harry."

Harry's cheeks flushed with more color and he mumbled again, "Yeah, yeah, I know."

Louis cracked a small smile out for him and asked with a curious tone, "So enough about my drama, now on to yours."

Harry sighed and mixed his coffee with a stirrer. He told him, "It's nothing really, not drama that's for sure. I just went and met up with Leon last night."

Stopping mid-sip of his water, he sprang forward quickly, spitting out, "You what?! Are you insane!"

Harry frowned and tried to calm him down by saying, "It was a jail visit during the day. Guards were there. I was fine Louis. I mean, I'm siting here in one piece."

Furious, Louis spat back, "That doesn't matter. What matters is that something could've happened or will happen. Nothing goes well with that jerk or Ryan. Why did you visit him anyway?"

Harry paused for a short moment. Not once had he told Louis about his nightmares; especially, since Louis was having a rough time with his dad. Looking down to his coffee and feeling Louis' gaze, he finally said, "I was having nightmares of the past- the real past, and also maybe the future. I needed to know if he ratted me out for Rick's murder or not. They were connected to that in the end."