Chapter 16

Coming to consciousness, Harry slowly opened his eyes. Light flooded his vision and he flinched away slightly.

Regaining his sight, he looked around. He noticed the familiar desk in front of him and the familiar objects on it.

He also saw the familiar blood spatters on the wall behind the desk.

A pit forming in his stomach, he also noted that his hands were tied behind his back. He sat cross legged on the ground in front of the desk.

The room was empty, the memory of Rick's death haunting him the longer he recognized Rick's office.

Suddenly, the big door behind him opened and the sound of feet echoed into the silent room. Harry didn't need to turn around to know who had entered.

Rick's dad, Richard, walked past him and sat in Rick's old chair. He propped his feet onto the desk, just like how Rick had been when Harry and Leon had first entered the office.

The memory made Harry wince internally.

Breaking the silence, Richard spoke, "Glad to see you finally woke up."
Harry ignored him, not wanting to engage with him. Noticing this, Richard chuckled. "You can talk or you don't have to, you're still going to die tonight."

Those words sent chills down his spine, but he still didn't respond. Richard chuckled at it again, not talking this time.

Silence passed between them as Harry watched Richard examine his gun. The ticking of the clock hanging on the wall above Richard's head was the only audible sound in the room.

Soon, the door opened behind Harry again. This time, he did look, and saw Ryan entering. Shutting the door behind him, he glanced at Harry.

Their eyes met and it felt as if time slowed. Ryan just offered him a smirk, one filled with many painful promises and memories.

Harry was the first to look away, earning a chuckle from Ryan.

Walking to the desk to be next to Richard, Ryan asked him, "How long till you think his savior comes looking for him?"

Catching Harry's attention, he paid attention to their dialogue, but didn't look at them. Richard thought for a minute and said, "If they're like any normal couple, he should've noticed he went missing a couple hours ago."

Ryan nodded in agreement, silence falling in the room again. The ticking was once again the only sound in the room.

The silence and ticking driving him mad, along with curiosity, Harry asked, "What happened?"

Richard looked to him and said, "He talks." Harry didn't respond so Richard continued, "Well, you should know. Rick was shot and killed here."

Harry had to refrain from rolling his eyes and retorted, "I know that, I'm talking about us. You talked to me at the trial. You told me you didn't find me at fault for Rick's murder. You know it was Leon's fault!"

Richard chuckled as Harry began to grow anxious, the reality of the situation setting in. Richard explained to him, "I do believe it's Leon's fault, he pulled the trigger."

Harry grew even more perplexed and asked, "Then why am I here?!"

Richard simply stated, "Because Leon is behind bars, I can't reach him. Although, I can reach you."

Harry opened his mouth to speak but Richard beat him to it. "I know, I lied to you at the trial. You were working for Leon when he shot and killed my son. Therefore, you are responsible for my son's death in my eyes."

Harry didn't respond, not knowing how to. Noticing this, Richard continued on. "I want to avenge my son's death. Everyone involved with it will pay."

Nodding slowly, he looked to where Ryan was standing. He asked, "What's your part in this?"

Ryan smiled to himself and said, "Why, I would love to see you dead after our run in. That is, if you haven't forgotten it?"

It took all Harry's strength to keep the horror off his face as the memory made its way into his mind. He shook it off mentally and said, "Still doesn't explain why you're needed here."

Richard sighed, annoyed, and told him, "You're not only here because I want to kill you. You're also here as bait for someone else."

Harry thought and remembered Ryan asking when his savior would be coming.

It was Louis.

Harry was more perplexed and asked, "Louis?" They both nodded. "Why Louis? He has nothing to do with Rick's murder."

Richard set the gun on the desk an explained, "Well, if I murdered you right now, I'm sure he can put two and two together. The murder place and why. Eventually, who put the bullet in your brain."

Harry winced, but Richard continued, "We can't have any loose ends on this, so we're cleaning those up."

Harry was silent, the new information sinking in. He looked to Richard, a dry lump forming in his throat. He told him, "You're going to kill him."

He nodded as Harry looked to Ryan and said, "And you're going to do it. Why?"

Ryan gave him a look and asked, "Isn't it obvious?" When Harry didn't respond, he told him, "I never got to finish my lesson with Louis in the alley. I want him dead. Dead for betraying me."

Harry swallowed, the lump only getting bigger. He just nodded, not answering either.

Richard chuckled and told Ryan, "Boy, I sure do love a good murder plot. Bait the boyfriend, kill both."

Harry ignored them, tears forming in his eyes. He was being used to bait Louis, who would think he was coming to save him, only to see him die and then die himself.