Disneyland! | Peter x OC (Part One)

Word Count: 2500

Warnings: None

☆★☆★☆

"What is this trip again?" I waved the ticket in front of my dads face, a grin set on my features. "The Decathlon team won tickets to Disneyland! We're leaving today, and taking a flight from JFK airport to LAX. We'll be staying at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel for three days, and have access to the park for those three days. All expenses paid." My dad frowned, seeing me in sweatpants and a hoodie, a full suitcase beside me. "Will you be safe?" I scoffed, tucking my ticket into my pocket. "I'll be with Peter for the entire trip."

He didn't have a choice in the matter, but still let out a long sigh. "Alright. I'll drop you off at the airport. Are you meeting Peter there?" I nodded, remembering that Mr Johnson told us all to meet in the northern Starbucks in the airport. "Okay. Get your stuff then." I cheered, grabbing my overhead luggage from the dining table. It was just a backpack with some snacks, my phone charger, drinks, my headphones and the essentials. My flight was six hours, and I intended to nap for most of it.

Dad helped me with my suitcase, stowing it away in the boot of our family car. It was a cherry red Jeep Wrangler that my mom drove constantly. I had yet to buy my own car, but it was most likely going to be some sort of muscle car since I preferred those over sports. "Off to JFK we go." I texted Peter to let him know I was on my way, before settling down for the ride to the airport.

| | | 

We arrived with two hours before my flight. Peter was waiting at the nearest exit, and I ran over to greet my boyfriend while my dad got my suitcase out of the back. "Morning sweetheart," Peter held his arms out for a hug, and I made sure to hug him tightly before kissing him quickly. A loud cough sounded behind me, and I turned to find my dad standing there with my suitcase and backpack. "Good morning, Victor." Peter held out a hand to my dad, and I was happy to watch him pull Peter into a hug instead.

"Morning Peter. Now, I understand you two and the rest of your Decathlon team are off to California for three days?" Peter nodded to confirm the facts. "That's the plan. I'll be with Jess at all times, so there'll be no need to worry." My dad smiled, then turned to me. "I know you're in good hands. Call me if you need anything, okay pumpkin?" I nodded, hugging my dad goodbye. "See you in three days!" I waved to my dad as he walked away, back to our parked Jeep. As soon as my dad was out of view, Peter snaked an arm around my waist. "The rest of the team are waiting in Starbucks. You're not the last one, we're still waiting on Flash."

I picked up my backpack, Peter grabbing my suitcase with his free hand. We walked through the airport together, soon finding the rest of our team. They mirrored us in appearance, each of them wearing their 'travel clothes'. Even Mr Johnson was in baggy jeans and a sweatshirt rather than a suit. "Jess!" Liz and Michelle were the first to notice us, and Peter let me go just long enough for me to hug Liz, and fist bump Michelle. Mr Johnson checked me off his list, muttering to himself.

I ordered a coffee from the tired looking woman behind the register, waiting only a few minutes before my name was called out by the male barista. Picking up my coffee, I returned to the crowd of armchairs where my team was situated. There weren't any chairs left, and I didn't want to drag one over since the Starbucks was already crowded with grouchy morning flyers. I knew Peter wouldn't mind it, so I sat down on his lap. As I'd predicted, he simply sat up straighter, placing his hands on my knees.

"We're only waiting on Flash now. Where on earth is he?" Mr Johnson muttered again, and I sipped my coffee. Knowing Flash, we'd be waiting a while. Half an hour later, and I was proved right. Flash turned up looking immaculate, unlike the rest of us. "Sorry, I was busy with other things." He apologised, but it felt very fake, just like every other apology he'd ever given. "Alright team, let's get checked in at our gate." Mr Johnson led the way to our gate, and Peter made sure to be at least holding my hand the entire way. He was taking the job very seriously.