Caught In The Rain | Peter x OC

Word Count: 700
Warnings: None

☆★☆★☆

"You're crazy for running out in the rain Jess," Peter mumbled to himself as he looked through his wardrobe for something for me to wear. I was still freezing my ass off, my clothes properly soaked at this point. "Yeah, I know. Can you please just find something for me to wear?"

Peter nodded, rifling through his clothes faster. The cold was starting to reach my bones, so I opted to strip off my shirt since it was only going to make me colder if I kept it on. A few seconds later, my jeans followed, with some difficulty.

"I found some of my stuff you can wear, it's a size too big for you so it'll be really warm-" Peter had turned around with clothes in his arms and spotted me sitting on his bed in my underwear.

His cheeks were going red, and he seemed to have lost all ability to speak. "Thank God," I stood, taking the clothes from him. He was still silent, eyes wide. "Peter, what's wrong with you? You've seen me in my underwear before."

Peter simply averted his eyes, looking at the ground. He then mumbled, "Yeah, but we weren't dating. I'm just trying to be a polite boyfriend." Smiling at him, I left him in his room, taking a hot shower and changing into the clothes he had given me.

These consisted of a pair of sweatpants and one of his old hoodies. He had a section of his wardrobe that was dedicated to any of my clothing I'd left behind at his place, so there was dry underwear for me to wear underneath.

When I came out of the bathroom, Peter was sitting in the lounge, obviously waiting for me. "Having fun I see." May was still at work, giving Peter and I some time to be alone. And while I wished we could spend it in his room, preferably without clothes, my energy had been sapped from the cold rain.

"Can we watch a movie?" Peter nodded to me, getting up from the couch. "You can get comfortable, I'll bring out some DVDs." My hair was still damp, and I was looking forward to getting warm with him.

He had set out a blanket on the couch for me, and there were two mugs of hot chocolate sitting on the coffee table, steam rising from them. "How do you feel about a comedy? What about Hot Fuzz?" Peter called out from his bedroom as I was getting comfortable with the blanket.

"Hot Fuzz sounds good!" I called back, picking up one of the hot chocolates from the coffee table. Peter returned with the DVD in hand and put it into the DVD player as I sipped my hot chocolate.

"Alright, scoot over." Peter nudged me aside so he could sit down. I put my drink back on the table, placing a pillow in his lap before curling up on the couch, resting my head in his lap. He didn't seem to have a problem with my semi-damp hair, running his fingers through it as the movie began.

I started to fall asleep near the middle of the movie, and I felt Peter pick me up. It was easy for him since he had his super strength. He had moved me so I was sitting in his lap sideways, my head on his shoulder.

It was making me even more sleepy since he also covered the both of us with the blanket. I nuzzled into his neck, lazily kissing his jaw. He was holding my legs under the blanket, thumb drawing gentle circles on top of my thigh.

It was times like this that made me fall even more in love with Peter. He was such a sweetheart, happy to take care of me wherever and whenever. I slowly fell asleep, the sounds of Hot Fuzz in the background.

* * *

Extra bit:
May came home an hour later than she normally did. Instead of finding the apartment dark and quiet, she found Peter asleep on the couch. She didn't notice Jess at first, but when she turned the tv off, she spotted Peter's girlfriend asleep on his lap, covered mostly by the giant blanket.

Smiling to herself, May kissed the top of Peter's head, quietly whispering a good night to her nephew as she retreated to her room for the night.

~*~

Requests are open <3