Chapter Six

Pj's Pov

Dan seemed anxious, but that was clearly understandable. This was a big decision, even if it wasn't his to make. This regarded him, clearly. This was his soul mate, and his worry was eating him from the inside, yet we all understood. This was our friend. He bit at his nails as he waited, nervous as he waited for Phil's parents to return, which seemed to be taking a while.

The door opened, and Ivy and Marie entered. They smiled at us, before they both sat on either side of Dan, hugging him, showing him that he was part of their family now. They had done the same to us, when they were old enough. We had been friends with Phil since we were in playgroup together, but when Ivy grew up, she made it a tradition to welcome people who were close to Phil into the family, and that trait passed down to Marie, who might as well have been Ivy's twin with how close they were.

" How long do you think they are going to be?" Chris asked.

" Not long, we shouldn't worry. They probably had to shove some books back on the shelves. Or maybe get the books, in case what we found doesn't work."

" Good point. You okay Dan?"

" Yeah." He said, staring at Phil.

We watched, as with precision and care, he caressed Phil's hair, it was sweet, and loving, and it made me sad. He had love in his eyes as he stared at Phil, and yet Phil was ill. He couldn't show Dan the same affection.

" What date is it anyway?" Ivy asked.

" Yeah! With us not being at school as the holidays have started, my time is mixed up." Marie agreed.

" It's the 5th April 2007."  Chris told them.

" Thanks. That means we have AGES before going back to school."

" Of course it does, you only broke up yesterday. Stop exaggerating."

" I know, but we had a few days off, you know as Phil disappeared." Marie told us.

" Oh!" I said.

" Yeah, a while before going back to school."

" Ah!" Chris said.

We carried on waiting, and it was the most tense that I had ever been in my life. My nails clicked against the coffee table, and my head spun. We had the answer, but we wanted to tell Phil's parents first.

They came hurtling through the door only minutes later. They were flustered yet hopeful as they stared at us as if we held the answers to why we had life, and why we existed.

" It's in Australia." I told them first.

" Oh."  Dan said.

" We can afford it. We were worried something like this would happen with him, and we have a trust fund of sorts." Phil's Dad told us.

" That's good, but Dan will need to go with him, and we aren't leaving him."

" We can pay for all of your tickets."

" I can't let you do that. I'll pay for mine at least, or everyones." Dan said.

" No, it's fine son, but we need to get you a passport."

" I have one at home. My Mum could bring it up." Dan said.

" That would be great, but this is going to take a while you understand. We need to book the flights, and places to stay and all sorts. It might take a month or two. Can you deal with that?"

" I think so." Dan replied, when he realised it was up to him to decide whether that was okay.

" Good, now it is getting late you know. Pj, Chris, are you staying for tea?"

" Erm..." I looked towards Chris.

" Sure." Chris said.

" Right, I'll get started on it." Mr Lester said.

There was an awkward silence which hung in the air, and we all wanted to break it, but we had no idea how.

" Dan, why don't you tell us about yourself, and I can tell you about my Phil." Phil's Mum said.

" Sure, so I am Dan. I was born on June 11th 1991, meaning as it is 2007, I am 16. I live with my parents in South Hamptom, I have been looking for my soul mate for years. I finished school a year early, and in a few months I am off to college, here in Manchester funnily enough. I like anime, and watching youtube videos."

" Well, Phil is fifteen. He was born on the 30th March 1992. He lives with me, his father, and his sisters Ivy and Marie. Phil has actually already done all his exams, and is going to college too. He watches a lot of youtubers and films, and he is really clumsy."

" Really clumsy?"

" Yeah. Falls over everything my Phil does, forever breaking pots and cups by dropping them."

" He doesn't ever, you know, get hurt when he drops them?" Dan asked anxiously.

" A few times. We try to make him stay out of the kitchen as much as possible. Now, lets talk basics. You know favourite food, foods you don't like, favourite colours, bands eg..."

" Well, I really like Malteasers. I don't like twinkies, my favourite colour is black, and I really like Muse and Fall out boy and my chemical romance."

" Well, Phil likes pancakes, with bacon on top and maple syrup. His favourite colours are green and blue I think, he too likes Muse, Fall out boy and things like that."

It was moments later that we were called in to eat. Mr Lester was plating it up, and Ivy and Marie were sat there waiting for the food. Dan took a seat next to Ivy, and placed Phil in the seat next to him. It was spaghetti bolegnese.

Dan feed a spoonful to himself, and a spoonful to Phil, making sure that Phil ate it. He did, often resisting not wanting to eat, although we all knew he should.

Ivy and Marie kept the conversation going, even though the atmosphere was tense as we all knew that Phil wasn't right.

Later, I left, and Chris who was staying over at mine came with me.

Dan's Pov

After tea, Chris and Pj left, and my nerves returned. However later Phil's father led me up to his room. I thanked him, and helped Phil into his pyjamas feeling extremely awkward. I got changed, and I settled down into bed with Phil pulling him into my arms, and falling asleep.