Chapter Twenty

Dan's Pov

Months passed, and despite the occassional bout of grief when he realised he was the only Lester left, we were perfectly happy. We had yet to start college, but we were both very close to starting. We were living in Phil's parents old house which was all decorated perfectly to do with our favourite animes and pokemon things, and we even had Chris and Pj living with us.

I had only known Phil around six months, but I knew that I was deeply in love with him. I wanted to make him happy, and I was willing to do anything I could to make that happen.

I wanted to propose to him.

I had bought a simple silver ring, with our initials engraved on the inside, but I still loved it, and I was sure he would too.

All I needed was help on deciding how to do it. I wondered whether asking Pj and Chris to help me come up with an idea was bad, but in the end I decided upon asking. I had no idea how to do it and I had been wracking my brains for two weeks.

" How then?" I pleaded with them.

" Well, you know Phil's slight obsession with paper fortunes?" Chris said.

" Yeah. That idea is perfect. But when?" I asked.

" Take him out to dinner?" Pj suggested.

" No, can you two go out tonight? I think it would be better if it was just Phil and I and we were watching films and ordering take out."

" Great idea."

They went off to plan where they were going to eat, and I went into Phil and I's room to make a paper fortune. Phil himself was out with Troye, they were shopping for some clothes for university as well as files for both Tyler and I as well and some pencil cases and things for them.

" How are you going to make sure that he chooses the right one?" Chris asked coming in to the room.

" I will write the same fortune on every one. Do you want to hear it?"

" Sure." Pj said slipping in to the room again.

" Will you marry me?"

" Simple yet affective."

" Thanks Chris. What time is it?"

" Six thirty. We have to go now we have reservations for seven and I am sure Phil is on his way home. I ordered some pizza for you. Your favourite don't worry and there is pop and stuff downstairs. Have fun." Pj commented.

" Thanks guys."

They left, and I slipped downstairs the paper fortune burning a hole into my pocket. The ring was in my other, and I knew I had to make sure that Phil didn't see it. I was sat in the kitchen, sipping on a can of coke when Phil came in.

" Dan?"

I jumped up, and pressed a soft kiss to his lips, and he kissed back without hesitation. It was about two minutes later that we pulled away, both of us breathing rather heavily. 

" Hi." Phil whispered breathily.

" Hey. Pj and Chris are out for the night, so I thought we could watch a movie, I've ordered us some pizzas and we've got some cake in the fridge and some pop and stuff, and I thought we could watch a movie, have a little break, and then watch another? Is that okay?" I asked nervously.

" Sure." He said smiling.

He grabbed some blankets from a cupboard, and he curled up against my side as we watched Frozen. He muttered along with the words, but my focus wasn't on the film, it was on the way he looked, how much I loved him and the ring burning with intensity in my pocket.

The movie finished, and there was a pause, and I knew that was the time to do it. I sat up properly, and Phil slipped off my chest slightly.

" Dan, what is it?"

" Phil do you want to see what I made while you were gone?"

" Sure." He chirped.

I pulled out the paper fortune, and held it out to him. He squeeled happily, and picked orange. He then picked six, seven and then four.

" Do you want to see it?" I asked him.

" Yep."

I held it out to him.

Will you marry me.

He looked up at me once he had read the words, and his mouth was open to see I was on one knee on the floor with a ring perched in my hands.

" Will you?" I asked, carefully.

" Yes." He choked out before laughing himself at me.

I managed to catch him just on time, and I pressed a kiss to his face. He clung onto me, and we kissed deeply.

" I love you." He whispered.

" Love you too."

We curled up on the sofa kissing and just watching the movie. When the pizza came, I fed him small bites as we curled up together. 

When it got late we went to bed, and after kissing for a while with tongues, we curled up together. I could still feel the ring on Phil's finger as we curled up together. 

A few days past, and we were on our way to our first day at college, however we were doing completely different classes.

I kissed Phil as we entered the college. 

" See you later Philly."

We went our separate ways, and a sense of nervousness took over me. I knew that it was just nerves, I wasn't ready for this, but if Phil was going to be brave, so was I.

Phil's Pov

I arrived at the classroom early, and took a seat in the middle of the room. I didn't want to sit right at the back, nor right at the front, so I had to make sure that I looked average, and then no one would bother me.

Five minutes later, the class began to fill up, and nobody noticed me doodling and writing plots on a scrap piece of paper, and I liked that.

When the teacher came in, I took out some paper for some notes. The teacher, Mrs Osmond continued speaking, and I took notes.

As the day went on, I got a slight bit of stomach ache, and it made me uncomfortable, but I knew that I was going to be fine, what sort of trouble could it be really.

At lunch I met with Dan, Pj, Tyler, Troye and Chris.

We sat in the canteen, and I didn't eat anything, however, Dan didn't notice and I was pleased with that. He would just fuss unnecessarily and I didn't want that. 

I went back into class for the afternoon, giving Dan a soft kiss and telling him that I would see him later. We arranged to meet at the library at four.

As the day went on, my stomach started aching slightly more. It was uncomfortable, but I didn't let it faze me. It was just a bit of stomach ache, and I would be fine in a day or two.