Chapter 2

"Oh god!!!" I exclaimed eyeing the burning splinters as they fell down hitting the ground, I looked at the tree to find a mark exactly were my fist slammed.

I looked around to make sure no one have seen what happened  and thank god no one was in the clearing to witness, so I grabbed my bag that I don't even remember throwing away, then I made my escape.

I ran to catch my class; I walked down the corridors in shock, I thought I could skip the day and run home but then Jenna would get suspicious, and I couldn't also skip the day and hide somewhere because the school will call Jenna and she'll get freaked out so I have to make it through the day either I liked that or not.

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't realize that someone is talking to me until I was pulled from my bag.

I looked up and found that it was Sir Frederic the D.S; he was a short man with bad attitude, but he was good looking for a man in the forties, he was glaring at me, and I couldn't think of anything that would make him mad at me honestly I couldn't even keep a straight mind.

I noticed from the look on his face that he was waiting for a reply for a question that I haven't heard so I played dumb "Excuse me?" I asked fixing my ever untied hair.

"You have missed the first class" he said

" aaha" I took a breath and looked around the corridor for the students but it was empty but for me and dear old sir Fredd  "Yes, I can see that I did" I said really annoyed  because I did not have the energy to think of an excuse.

Sir Frederic looked at me with a daring look waiting for me to speak again but I didn't "Explain yourself " he said in a voice full of authority , I didn't reply so he pulled his black note book and said loudly "Arya head to the detention room after the school day"

I shrugged and said"Excuse me" then walked away leaving him probably counting how many students he has given detention to today.

The day went well except for the students rude remarks all day. of course Megan made it clear to the school population that I am more of a freak than they already think I am and so everywhere I went I was called names , laughed at or bullied at least.

As for the detention it was a terrible thing, sir Frederic was as annoying as always, he made me write a 1000 words essay and then he gave me a math sheet and wanted me to answer 100 math problems and here the last incident of my day began.

It wasn't a fair detention and I know so because I've been detained before more than once to be honest, he was doing this because I didn't make him feel important this morning, he's used to being treated well and I didn't follow the same route and so I was sitting on the desk in front of me a 100 problems sheet to be solved and a man daring me to make an objection that he knows I wouldn't.

I wished for a miracle to occur and help me escape, Mad as i was I slammed my pen on the desk and my miracle occurred as the water started to flow from the splinters in the school as the fire alarm went on, which was weird because there was no fire at all in the school not even cigarettes smoke and so I didn't finish the detention, lucky me .

Remembering the day's incident made the route home very short, I reached home faster that I thought.

I entered the house knowing that Jenna would be working now and won't be back till 6:00 pm so I ran to my room and cried for hours till I heard Jenna's car pulling in I looked at my watch and noticed that she has arrived earlier than she should she usually leaves the bank where she works at 5:30 and it was 5:00 now.

I wiped my tears and washed my face, grabbed a book and pretended to read.

Jenna knocked three times on my door then she came in, she didn't say anything except "Megan's mother called " she then went to the kitchen I followed her, "So?!" I asked.

"Eat, take a nap and we will talk afterwards" she said

"What?! won't you shout at me, punish me or something?" I wandered out laud.

"We will talk later " She said with the look that meant DO AS TOLD and so I did.

It was my longest nap ever. I woke up at midnight I went downstairs and found Jenna putting the finishing touches on a beautiful cake she smiled when I came " just on time. come" she said.

We sang and it was time to blow the candles "Make a wish" I closed my eyes made my wish then I blew the candles." I am officially 16 " I said she hugged  me and kissed me then took two plates added the cake and we went to her room , why? I have no idea

"Yes?!" I said and she looked nervous.

"What happened today at school shocked me but I guess I had it coming" she whispered

"What do you mean?" I asked really confused

"Tell me everything that happened today.." she sad and I did I told her everything and at the end I was crying.

"Oh sweetie" she held me as I cried until I stopped

"I am a freak" I said "No" she replied the completed

"You have wondered all your life about your mark and your past, I don't know anything about your mark but i believe it makes you special."

Yeah I remembered the mark at the back of my neck that looked like to burning intersecting circles with an arrow beginning at one end and ending at the other.

"What about them?" I asked.

"It's time you knew everything I didn't mention about the day you came to me, it's not strictly about your mark but i hope it might help you understand yourself "she said, she looked uncomfortable and that brought butterflies to my stomach. Well I think It's turning out to be an interesting night.
----------------------------
Hey everybody! I hope u liked this chapter, don't forget to vote :)