Chapter 20

Manarek,

Murat stood in the town's market, looking at the assembled crowd, Manarek is one of the most beautiful cities in Bojinia, but the darkness overshadowed its beauty,

The crowd gathered around a beheading block, where a body of a beaten-up boy lay,

Murat pitied the young boy who will probably be decapitated for speaking his opinion, or stealing food to survive, in the good old days poverty never existed in Manarek however now people die out of hunger and thirst, frozen to death or dehydrated, in addition to being beheaded for speaking their minds or defying the king!

"Follow me" said a man next to Murat in a deep voice, the man had a huge body that over shadowed Murat's his hair was jet black while Murat's was shining silver,

The man started moving from one alley to the other, Murat kept up with him easily,

he remembered what brought him here today,  Murat received a mandatory dinner invitation from an unknown someone, they mentioned that he will attend it willingly or unwillingly so he chose not to find out how the unwilling part looks like, not because he was afraid on the contrary Murat was always feared by people, he was powerful and people fears power even though they seek it.

The man stopped in front of a huge wrecked building, he pointed to Murat to enter then the man followed, once inside Murat found nothing except fallen bricks and dust, just before he can complain the man kneeled, pushed a sewer's cap opened and slide inside.

"Come" the man said in an order.

Murat hated two things, orders and falling in gutters and now he's suffering from both!!

Murat slid down a ladder and was amazed at how clean it was, he reached the end and let his feat stand on the ground, he couldn't see anything,

The man pushed Murat forward to stand before a wall then, he put his hands on the wall and said something that Murat didn't really catch,

Nothing happened at first then a screeching noise filled the not so gutter as the wall opened slightly as a door and they walked in.

They walked into an empty hall, it was very big, clean and lightened. Murat kept following the Man until they stopped in front of an iron door, the door opened and the man left Murat standing in front of it.

Guessing that he has no other choice but to enter, he moved slowly admiring the room he was in, the room was big, it had a very big meeting table, some chairs, a couch and looking at the two doors in the opposite direction it must have a bathroom in there.

Someone sat at the head of the table, Murat couldn't quite figure who was this someone as he could only see his or her back.

"Good evening Murat!" said a feminine, slightly familiar voice, at least now he knows the gender of the speaker.

"Good Evening, are you a secret admirer of mine, milady? Or are you a Mad woman who thinks I poisoned her cat?" Murat asked nonchalantly.

"You are so full of yourself, Murat" she said

"I am the leader of the Rebels and you know have met me before" she said as she turned to face Murat.

"T!!!" he said in a laud voice. "Oh my god. I thought you ran away"
Murat admired T's red hair and exquisite profile , she had a beautiful profile her features were very soft and delicate but her eyes were a sea filled with secrets, he knows those eyes so much, and missed their owner so much.

"I did, but I ran for a cause" her grey eyes betrayed a flash of grief,

"Now leader of the rebels! That's so awesome T" Murat said as they took seats next to each other.