Chapter 12

Mare was a beautiful beast. She sat cunningly smiling, eyeing the assassins of which two were confused and the third was making one hell of a job of keeping a straight face.

"Won't you offer me some tea? Out of courtesy at least"  Mare asked, Jake snorted

"We're not in Manarek, Mare" Ress retorted.

"Oh, dear some tea or coffee is always agreeable in any meeting, Don't you agree?" Mare said eyeing the three of them with a smirk on her face. She surely was enjoying this.

her blue gray cloak dangled around her as she sat legs cross, making her off white maxi dress visible, Mare looked very young even though she wasn't that young. she had a grace that most people don't have, her skin was snow white it made perfect contrast with her gray blue cloak.

"Why are you here, you should be in ghost form after sixteen years right?"  Ress asked giving her his wicked half smile staring at her beautiful hazel eyes . Mare grinned like a little child.

"Never believe someone's dead unless you have the body" she smirked slyly and completed "Take it a lesson for future if you live to see it, anyway" she looked around her at the room and it's furniture, Ress just watched her like an enemy who's about to throw a dagger at him or something.

Mare looked around her then saideyeing Jake's blue hair "It doesn't look very comfortable here" Jake's cheeks turned a light color of red, she smirked

" I would have hosted you at my home. Except I didn't know you were coming" she shrugged

"We didn't really know you were alive " this time it was Jake who spoke, Mare nodded saying "True"

"I am sure all manarek's citizens missed me" she smiled slyly

Ress looked disgusted at that Mare asked feigning hurt "Didn't you miss me Ress?"

"Never" Ress spat out, giving her a smile that didn't reach his eyes, it would have seemed like he spoke friendly to her, if it weren't for how harsh the word came out of his mouth.

Mare grinned at him, she was really enjoying this, she decided to stop playing around and get straight to the point

"Why are you here?" Mare asked

"None of your business" hissed Ress.

Her face turned to a serious mask probably saying the fun is over let's just get this over with.

"You are on my territory, and considering you are an old acquaintance of mine. Then you owe me an explanation" she said, Ress looked as if he might speak if given a slight push of motivation so she said "Maybe,I can help you with your job, or i can ruin things for you, it's your choice really" she finished and looked at all three of them.

"We are looking for someone" Jake said, he ignored the look Ress gave him.

"Yes" Mare said willing Jake to continue what he started

"The marked." He said at last

"Well you don't expect to find any here do you?" Mare asked.

"We do." He said. Mare smiled probably to herself

"You know something about them, don't you?" Ress asked her more like accused to be fair. he knew Mare well enough to know when she's playing them and he had little patience left.

"Who knows" Mare shrugged as Ress lunged at her a blade in hand, he was close enough to slit her throat but in a blink of an eye he was stuck on the wall in the opposite direction hands and legs tied with invisible manacles.

either the years made Ress forget who Mare is or he had great self confidence.Mare looked at Jake and Sean. Snapped her  fingers and both of them froze.

"Now, Ress Dear." She grabbed his blade from where it fell and angled it on his bare throat and said "Let's chat "

'"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

salam alikum everyone:)

What do you think of Mare, I enjoyed writing this chapter so much, i hope you did to ;)