Chapter 9

Two days later, my nights lacked sleep, I woke up utterly exhausted but I decided not to care. I grabbed my phone and dialed Rina.

"Rina!" I said

"What .. what do you want?" she replied her voice muffled probably from the cushions

"Wake up froggy, the sky is awake" I said in a sassy way.

"Arya!" her anger was crystal clear in her voice.

"We are going shopping, be at the Mall at 10 o'clock"

"Fine! Can I sleep now?" she grumbled

"Sure, bye" I said laughing silently

Rina is an early bird she wakes up really early, however I'm the exact opposite but since I can't sleep those days, I bother her earlier than appropriate.

I really hope shopping would help a little to distract me. Since the day red lightning stroke the lands of Maynard and I haven't been the same. I am not a superstitious being but I've had this feeling deep down that screamed DANGER I wave it off as lack of sleep symptoms.

I've had the same nightmare twice now and I can't get it out of my head.

But yesterday It was different, I woke up relaxed not chocking like the first time but I don't remember how the dream ended.

I was leaning on a car as I caught a glimpse of Rina who came on time. She was beautifully dazzling just as always with her light auburn hair, and hazel eyes; she wore a black and white shirt tucked in plain white pants and a black oxford heels. She had her auburn hair made in two braids.

"Right on time my friend" I said smugly, she smiled as I took of my sunglasses.

"And you came early for the first time in your life" I laughed at the way she spoke.

"Let's go inside, what do you have in mind?" I asked.

"What do YOU have in mind? You are the one who wants to shop" she retorted.

I started to walk and stopped when I heard a screeching noise; and I felt the cool breeze touching my legs.

"NOOOOOO!!!" I cried as I untangled my dress that was now ruined thanks to the stupid car I was leaning on.

"Oh-Ah" said Rina as she took a look on my exquisite black maxi dress.

"Well, we're buying a new dress" I laughed at myself "let's go"

I took her hands in mine and walked like nothing happened at all. how ever embarrassed i felt, i decided to forget what happened and act as nothing ever mattered.

we went straight to a clothes shop to find something for me to buy and wear now i was taking off the jeans and t-shirt which i decided to buy and then put them on.

"Try this Arya I think it's your size" Rina handed me a burgundy day dress it was very pretty and decent, thanks god for that.

"throw it over" I said and she did, i caught it midair before it hit the ground

"So why exactly don't you sleep?" she asked as she waited outside the fitting room.

"Dreams" I replied, tried to close the dress's zip, then I said "Nightmares to be precise"

I opened the door to give her a look at my dress; she eyed me for a second then gave me thumbs up.

I bought the dress, jeans and shirt . i changed into the last two and we left the store

"Care to explain?" Rina asked, as we approached a cafe

"Inside" was my only reply.

For someone who usually finds topics to speak about she was awfully silent just eyeing me. I guess I looked like hell.

We sat at a far table in a corner and as we were early the café was kind of empty.

"I have given you enough time now spill" she said

"I will tell you things you can't tell anyone about, no one Rina, Not a living soul"

"I promise" Said Rina

And I did. I told her about what happened with Megan, the letter, the library incident then the dreams.

She listened to everything I said then she nodded slowly.

"About Megan, maybe you just think you burnt her but you didn't" she made it sound like a question. The look in my eyes said Hell no. she just nodded.

I took a sip of my coffee and looked at the glass doors of the café and fell silent, "Rina look!" I whispered.

I saw the boy from the library, he stared at me.

"What?" she asked but as she turned around there was no one there. he just disappeared into thin air.

"Ice-cream" I said "let's go! Buy some Ice-cream"

I am sure Rina thinks I lost my mind, I have a gut feeling telling me; that boy and those things that happened to me are signs of trouble, and I don't want her to worry about me.

'I will explain everything to her' I said to myself 'Just when I understand'.

"Megan won't let you go, you know. she'll ruin you at school" Rina Snapped me out of my reverie and i chuckled sarcastically at her words

"Yeah, but does't matter, you know 99% of the school population hates me. so, it won't ,make any difference what Megan say or do."  I said with a shrug.

"I've got your back, always" Rina Said genuinely smiling at me.

"I know " i said smiling at her she has always had my back since we were young, my one and only friend.

"let's go home, i don't want to be late" Rina Said pulling me up

"lair" I said slyly smiling at her "you Just wan't to sleep"

"i don't..." a big yawn escaped her lips and we both laughed. I looked at Rina and I thanked god for being lucky to have her, my best friend.