Chapter 10

Crashing the nights in an old wooden cottage in the woods was probably the safest place for the assassins to hide.

Two days have passed and today is the last; they have searched in like everywhere the past two days; however no sign of the marked was seen. Sir Nik gave them a devise that should track any source of power, on their first day it lead them towards Maynard's library, but before they could enter the devise broke and they couldn't fix it.

Ress scanned the perimeter around the cottage for any signs of trouble. It was awfully silent for the wood's animals at that time of the day. He wondered if they, the assassins will be killed for returning back without the marked. But it was an impossible task. For no single soul new how many they were maybe, the marked were a mini army or something. Ress thought that no matter how many the marked are, they won't stand a chance against the three assassins.

The assassins were known for their cruelty and viciousness, they never failed a mission, they fought in all the king's wars but the king preferred to use them to do his dirty work.

Ress never liked being an assassin but he's no other choice left to him, once he became one he can never just stop being one. he mostly hated the king's orders and dirty work, for the king ordered innocents to their death and no one could refuse the king or fail their mission or they just die or worse.

Ress scratched his bald head and sat on the front porch of the cottage swallowed deep in his thoughts when he heard a noise he put his hand on the dagger ready to attack whoever is bald enough to face him. He relaxed his grip on the dagger when he heard his companion's footsteps as they approached.

"Anything?" he asked curious but maintaining a nonchalant facial expression.

"None, maybe he or she, maybe they, walked just by us but we don't know" Sean said talking a dagger from Jake, Sean's hair was a brilliant gray color and Jake's was a dark blue color.

"I think the tracker is not broken I think it's blocked" said Jake.

"What do you mean?"

"It doesn't need to be charged and no one crashed it or misused it. Long story short, someone is messing with us" Jake said playing with the dagger.

"Someone who knows who we are" he finished

"No one does Jake" said Sean, although he refused Jake's opinion he still thought about it.

"Well that's my gut feeling" Jake retorted easily

Ress debated this, and said.

"If you are correct Jake then someone is trying to protect the marked".

"let's search for the last time, tonight."

They waited until it was dark and all three of them entered the cottage to grab their weapons and was heading out; Jake reached the door to yank it open but he wasn't that lucky. Mere seconds from that, they heard the creaking sound of every window slamming shut.

"What the...." Exclaimed Jake, both Ress and Sean are good at controlling their faces the only thing that gave them away was the tension in their shoulders and anticipation in their eyes.

Someone cleared his throat behind them and they all turned to look on what is supposed to be a living room that has only one table and some chairs one of which had a beautiful woman sitting on top legs crossed, eyeing the three assassins.

Anticipation filled all the assassin's eyes except for Ress who looked more shocked that anticipating.

"You're alive" Ress Chocked but stared at the lovely woman.

"Well, hello to you too Ress" She said smiling wickedly

"Who are you?" Sean asked. Jake kept eyeing her waiting for her to speak, She did not reply, however Ress Hissed "Mare".

That earned him a wicked grin on mare's lovely face.

--------------------------------------------

salam alikum, who do you guys think Mare is....?

i hope u liked this small chapter :)