Chapter 14: Cursed

Chapter Fourteen, Cursed

Jessica had closed her eyes tight and screamed as she felt the unmistakable fangs of Alexander graze her neck. She waited for them to puncture her skin... but they never did. She heard yelling, and then something growling. Timidly, she opened her eyes. She saw that she was unscathed, surprisingly. She then looked to her left. Alexander was on the ground, and a huge wolf loomed over him, with snapping jaws. Then she felt as though the mysterious enigma force Alexander had on her, had shattered. She gasped, as a figure with flaming red hair charged over to the wolf, and Alexander. The figure's hands seemed to be on fire. He yelled something, but Jessica couldn't make out what he was saying. She heard Alexander yell something odd. Suddenly a wave of pain washed over her. She gasped, as she felt a sudden prickling at her temples. Her legs gave way beneath her and the pain increased. She screamed and then fell to the floor, unmoving, as her world went blank.

* * *

John snapped ruthlessly at the boy with the white and black hair, Matt was by his side now, with flaming hands. The boy whom he was snapping at shouted something he didn't understand, a word of some sort. Lindsay screamed as John's highly toned ears picked up something that made him feel sick; someone screaming, and then a sickening thud. John's gaze darted to Lindsay for a fleeting moment. There was a figure on the ground that she was kneeling over, and that figure wasn't moving. John focused back on the boy, as Matt's yell of, "What did you do to her?" rang through the night. John growled at the boy, and bit his neck. As the boy's eyes rolled back in his head, unconscious from the bite on his neck, the figure on the ground shuddered, before remaining still. John, seeing as the boy was unmoving, snapped one of his legs, just in case he tried to get up again. He knew the bite hadn't killed the boy, there weren't any severe injuries, just enough to keep him from getting up for a while. Matt nodded to John, and then sprinted over to the figure. John dragged the boy closer to the figure, so he could keep an eye on him, but he doubted he'd be waking up for a while.

John's heart thundered in his ears, he knew who the figure was before he even saw her. It was Jessica, lying on the ground, unmoving. John would have liked to check for wounds, but the darkness was so thick that even his eyes couldn't penetrate it, even as a wolf.

"John you drag the ugly git over there back to the school, I'll carry Jessica." Matt said quietly.

Lindsay, John and Matt didn't say a word as they found their way to the school. Lindsay was tying some pieces of orange cloth, which she'd pulled out of her pocket, around trees as they went back. It seemed that the walk back to the school took eternity, especially when you were dragging a person behind you. The pieces of orange cloth proved to be very useful, as they came across them frequently. They would surely have been wandering around in circles for hours too.

Finally, the group arrived back, and knocked on the heavy oak doors of the entrance. A stern faced Henry opened the door, along with various other people John didn't know of.

"What do you think you three are doing sneaking out at this hour? I specifically told you to wait! Who knows what could have happened if-" Henry stopped as he noticed the two unconscious figures accompanying them.

"I'll deal with you three later." He said, as the other people took one of the figures to the nurses' station, and carried off the other.

John turned back into his human self, as he, Matt and Lindsay followed the various people. They were about to go to the nurses' station too, but Henry stopped them. "They'll take care of her, but we have matters to discus first." He said, motioning for them to follow him.