Chapter Nine

A/N: Just so you guys aren't confused, this chapter is when Laf goes back to bed after Alex coming back.

Lafayette sighed as he rubbed his temples, crawling in to bed next to his boyfriend, wrapping his arms around Hercules' torso. Hercules gazed at Lafayette, his eyebrow raised.

"So, what happened?" Hercules asked, gently rubbing Lafayette's tense back. Laf just shook his head, squeezing his eyes shut as he buried his face in Hercules' sweatshirt. "Babe, I know you, and I can tell that you're stressed. What happened out there, Laf?"

Lafayette sighed, looking up at Hercules with weary eyes. "Thomas is mad at me."

Hercules chuckled, staring up at the ceiling of the dark room. "Well of course he's mad at you, we turned his boyfriend away and yelled at him. What did you expect?"

"No, Herc, it's not just that," Lafayette huffed, tracing shapes on Hercules' chest with his finger. "Alex is here."

"What?!" Hercules asked, his eyes widening. He sat up so that he could fully see Lafayette's face. "Why didn't you start with that?!" Laf shrugged. "Seriously what the fuck, Laf?!" Hercules examined Lafayette's face, noticing how his bottom lip slightly stuck out, how his eyes seemed glossy. "Baby, are you going to cry?" Herc asked softly, his annoyed expression disappearing. Lafayette shook his head, avoiding Hercules' eyes. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell. Come here," Hercules leaned against the headboard of their bed, holding his arms out to Lafayette.

Lafayette let Hercules hold him as tears started rolling down his face. "I-I didn't mean to..." He trailed of as he tried to stop himself from crying, not having much of an effect.

"It's okay honey, just tell me what happened," Hercules said, holding Lafayette close to his chest.

Lafayette bit his lip, glancing up at Hercules. "W-Well, I went to get the door and Alex was there. I told him to leave and then Thomas asked who was at the door. S-So I told him it was Alex and he got really angry and s-stormed out," Hercules nodded as Lafayette spoke, peppering kisses over the Frenchman's face, trying to console him. "He came back with Alex then Thomas and I argued. H-He's really mad at me, Herc. I was just trying to protect him and John. I-I didn't mean to make Thomas angry, o-or to hurt Alex," Lafayette wrapped his arms around Hercules' torso, clinging to his boyfriend like a forlorn puppy. "They probably all hate me, Herc. Je suis un imbécile."

"They don't hate you, Laf," Hercules insisted, raking his fingers through Lafayette's curly hair. "We'll talk to Thomas in the morning, okay? We all need a day to recuperate. A day for everyone to talk and rebuild our friendships. This has been hard on everyone." Hercules wiped Lafayette's face with his sleeve, smiling.

"Okay mon cherie," Lafayette said, giving Hercules a small smile, cuddling into the bigger man's side. Hercules pulled Lafayette on top of him, giving him a quick kiss before shutting his eyes, wrapping his arms around Lafayette's back.

"Everything's gonna be okay."

A/N: is it Herc? I S I T?
Lowkey really sad right now, but writing is good.