Chapter Thirteen

"Baby, you can't still be mad at me," Hercules said as he followed Lafayette to their bedroom, trying to get the taller man's attention. It was only them in the dorm, Thomas, John, and Alex went back to their own dorm, needing to have some alone time. As for Hercules and Lafayette, Laf had chosen to ignore Hercules, still angry about the prior events that unfolded earlier in the day. "Laf, please talk to me."

Lafayette glanced at Hercules, but only for a second before swiftly entering their bedroom, shutting the door and locking it, leaving Hercules standing in the hallway, alone.

"Laf?" Hercules said, gently knocking at the door.

"Sleep on the couch," Lafayette called out, the words making Hercules wince. Herc debated just complying with Lafayette's request, but he needed to talk to him severely.

"Please let me in Laf," Hercules pleaded, knocking once more. "Can't we just talk?"

The sudden opening of the door made Hercules jump back. Lafayette's angry face caught his eye, and he nearly regretted asking him to talk. "Well, you wanted to talk. So talk," Laf stated blandly, his arms crossed. Hercules opened his mouth, intending to speak, though nothing came out. Lafayette raised an eyebrow, a sneer on his face. "Well? Are you going to say anything?"

"I-I just..." Hercules trailed off, shrinking under Lafayette's menacing glare that seemed to pierce through him, strangling any words that wanted to leave his lips. "I'm s-sorry-"

"Sorry?" Lafayette echoed, his eyebrows knitting in anger. "Sorry doesn't cut it, Hercules. You could've gotten all of us killed. I begged you to calm down, to pull over, you refused to," Hercules looked down, a look of guilt clear on his face. "What you said to Thomas wasn't incorrect, but that doesn't excuse reckless driving!"

"You didn't seem this mad when we were in the car-"

"Well I'm mad now," Lafayette slammed the door, abruptly. Hercules heard a click, presuming Lafayette had locked it.

"Way to go, Hercules," Herc muttered to himself sarcastically. He made his way to the living room, eyeing the couch sadly. "Wait, holy shit," an idea sparked in his head as he bolted towards the door, grabbing a jacket before rushing out of the dorm, hellbent on doing something right.

"I'm going to find out who wrote the Reynolds Pamphlet."