Chapter Nineteen

"I didn't do anything wrong!" Alexander said in a defensive tone. "They wanted the truth, and I told them."

Eliza sighed, shaking her head. "Alex, I'm glad you told them the truth, but I'm sorry to tell you, but Peggy is right. You don't just blurt something like that out in front of everyone, especially when the presumption that you could have quite possibly cheated on them was obvious. Now I don't think you did, but still, it's not their fault they think that."

"I didn't cheat on them," Alexander mumbled, staring at the ground.

"We know that mon ami," Lafayette said, running his fingers across Hercules' back. "But John and Thomas don't." Alexander pondered for a moment before looking back up at the group.

"I'm going after them," Alexander stated, walking out of the dorm before any of his friends could argue. He could see Thomas in the distance, just staring off. "Tommy!" Alex called out as he neared the taller man. Thomas looked at him, sighing. "Thomas we need to talk."

"I know," Thomas said, nodding. "But I think we should talk to John as well. He went back to our dorm, I tried to stop him but he wouldn't listen to me."

"You don't seem angry," Alexander stated, taking careful steps towards Thomas.

"Oh I'm angry," Thomas said, chuckling bitterly. "I'm angry that you upset John, I'm angry that you upset me. I honestly don't know what to think anymore, Alex. First the Reynolds Pamphlet, which we're still trying to get through. And then you drop the 'oh yeah I dated the worst guy ever in high school' bomb on us. How did you expect us to react?"

"I don't know," Alex shrugged. "I just thought that you two deserved to know."

"We did, but not then. Seriously Alex, Hercules and Laf are okay again, we were okay, we were getting closer to fixing everything and you just tore it all down. How could you do that to us?" Thomas asked, crossing his arms.

"Thomas, I'm sorry," Alexander mumbled, staring at the ground. "I didn't think about it like that."

"I know, Lexi," Thomas sighed, taking Alexander's hand, making Alex's eyes dart up. "I really don't want to fight with you right now, I don't have the energy. Let's go talk to John, him being alone and upset makes me nervous. I've been texting him, but he's not answering me and that worries me. You know he doesn't do well when he's alone."

Alex smiled, nodding. "Let's go."

A/N: Sorry for another bad chapter guys, I swear I'm trying.