Chapter Twenty

"Baby?" Thomas asked as he lightly shook John, trying to wake him. Alexander bit his nails nervously as he watched John's eyes flutter open. "Hey," Thomas greeted, taking a step so that he wasn't crowding John. The freckled man's mouth didn't move, he just stared at Alexander with an unreadable expression on his face. "John?"

"John I-" Alexander was cut of by John shooting up to grab him by the shirt. Alex figured John was going to try to strangle him, but he was surprised to feel John pull him onto the bed, cuddling into him. "John?" Alex hesitantly wrapped his arms around him, running his fingers through John's soft curls.

"Tommy," John mumbled, muffled by his face being buried in Alex's chest. Thomas smiled softly lying down next to the two, pulling a blanket over them.

"Are you alright?" Thomas asked gently, slinging his arm around John's waist.

"No," John said, sighing. "But I just can't deal with this anymore. It's tiring, always chasing after each other, always being angry or upset. I just want to drop it all, to forget about it. At least until tomorrow," Thomas and Alexander glanced at each other. "Can we?"

"Of course, darling," Alexander said, kissing John's forehead. John smiled weakly, relaxing in his lovers' arms. Though he knew nothing was okay, and that there was still a lot to fix. At least it felt like they were okay.