Protect, but also hurt... for both

"It seems like he'll wake up in minimum a month."   "And what is the last time he will possibly wake up?"   ".....Probably maximum 1 and a half years"   "Oh God.....I should be there instead of him...*hiccup*"     "I will leave you two alone for a while. Tell a nurse if you leave, sir"   "Okay..."

Step, step, step, step, door opening sound, step and door closing sound. Then, only hiccups, long sighs, sobs and other crying sounds. 

WHAT. IS. HAPPENING?! Why can't I see? Why can't I move?! Hello? Someone, tell me what's happening! Wait...Ohhhh. I remember now. I defended Natsu from an attack and got hit. I didn't think I'll end up in a coma because of it. Gray screams in his head.

"I'm sorry, Gray...*sob* this is all my fault...If I were to be more careful...*hiccup*" He feels his hand is squeezed. 

Oh, Natsu. It's not your fault. I chose to defend you, okay? Wait...you can't hear me, can you? Well, at least I can hear you. I wish I could hug you and embrace you. But, as the doctor said, we both have to be patient and wait for my stupid body to decide and wake up.

"I don't know if you hear me, but...I love you. I said it countless times before, but I'll say this to you every day... I love you."

Awww, me too fire breath. I love you too. I wish I could just wake up... I wanna kiss you so badly. Just you wait until I wake up, I will hug the living sh*t out of you. He smiles inside.

xXxXx 1 year and 5 months later (Because I can) xXxXx

"DOCTOR! I think he's gonna wake up soon! His hand is twitching!"    "What? Let me see!.....Give him 50 millilitres of *doctor stuff to help people wake up*, nurse!" 

I feel dizzy...Yells of people are screaming in my head. Umm... What was the doctor's name again? Wait, how long am I here... Wait! My memories! They are fading away! No! Natsu is being wiped from me! Wait... who is Natsu again? Who are these two...no, one person's name I have...Gray? Who is that? Gray...What? I don't remember a thing now... What was I thinking a moment before? Uggh...My head is pounding. Gray thinks.

He slowly opens his heavy eyes, meeting another pair of eyes. A pair of onyx eyes looks at him with tears in them.

I have so many questions...

The person who owns the eyes helps Gray sit up. "Gray.....you're finally awake...I missed you so much..." 

"Umm, excuse me, I have a few questions..." He says, unsure if he's a friend or an enemy. "Ask anything you want, Gray" A big smile appears on the unfamiliar face. "First of all, where am I?" He asks, not wanting to possibly ruin the stranger's mood. He looks so happy. "In a hospital," He says with a soft voice.

"And...who are you?" Gray finally ask.

--Natsu's POV--

"And...who are you?" These 3 words crushed Natsu down. He was so happy to finally see his fiancé awake, why it had to be ruined?

Natsu looks at the doctor, desperately asking him with his eyes to tell him what's going on. The doctor notices and tries her best not to drop a tear at this heartbreaking moment. "It seems like he suffers from complete memory loss. I am sorry." Natsu's eyes wide up. his sad face sinks into a face of realization, tears still flow. 

(Like this:)

(Picture is Yuu Otosaka from Charlotte

(Picture is Yuu Otosaka from Charlotte. Favorite anime, recommend it!)

The doctor leaves, leaving a confused Gray and a broken Natsu in the room. "S--sir? I'm sorry that I made you sad...I didn't mean to, I promise! I was just curious..." Gray said.

Natsu was too heartbroken to talk to him right now. He stood up and sadly smiled at Gray. "I'm not an enemy, relax. I'll send in one of your friends and she'll tell you anything, okay? I have to do something now." He said and ran out. Ran as fast as he could, out of the hospital, out of Magnolia, in the forest. He collapsed on the grass, crying hard.

Wanna a part 2? I can make it better, trust me :). Comment or vote for continue. I have more for this shot!