Everything Will Be Okay

LENA POV

I was going to tell her but for once she looked happy, actually happy, not faking a smile to make other people happy. I couldn't take that away from her, but I knew if I didn't take it she and everybody she has ever loved will die too and I would never let that happen.

"Lena!!" She says loudly while waving her hand in front of my face. I laugh at her cuteness. "What?" I ask while smiling. "You were just spacing out." She said quietly. "What were you thinking about?" She asks me. "Umm how lucky I am to have you in my life." I tell her. I absolutely can't tell her the truth. I get up but she just whines in response. "Please don't go." I hear her say while trying to pull me back in the bed."

I laugh. Thankfully she is still weak so I successfully get out of her grip. When I do she starts pouting. I smile. "Come on we can't stay here all day." She just shakes her head. I walk closer to her and take both of her hands in mine. She looks at me weird and opens her mouth but I take the opportunity to give a long and passionate kiss, but before it can turn into anything more i pull away excitedly to ask her something.

I take out a small box and put it in her hands. She goes to open it but I shake my head. "Not yet." I say. "Will you Kara Danvers move in with me?" I ask her. She opens the box and takes out the silver key. She holds it close to her chest. She nods. "I would give you the key to my apartment but you have something else." She tells me. "Oh and what would that be?" I ask her. "You won the key to my heart a long time ago." She tells me. I smile and kiss her softly.

I laugh and then pull away. "Oh and I have some news." I tell her. "I got your sister to agree to let me take you home." I tell her. "Yeah right what is the catch, if I know my sister wants something." She tells me. I smile "she said she wants to run a scan of your brain every other day to see if everything is okay up there." I tell her and poke her head. "Wow that is it?" She asks me. I nod in response.

     " Can we leave now? I really do hate this place." She says. I nod. "Oh Alex left a bag for you. It has some cloths and some other stuff you might need." I tell her. She nods. I know she is going to try to get up by herself trying to act strong. I rush over to her and help her up. She mumbles a 'thank you'. I grab her bag and we head out. I still have my arm around her waist just in case she looses her balance.

     When I go to open the door but Alex steps in front of me so I can't get to the door. Ugh we were almost out of here. Like five more seconds and we would have been gone. Where did she even come from? I think to myself. "Where do you think you are going?" She asks. " Umm taking her back to my place." I say. "I told you to wait after I did the tests tommorow." I look down at my feet. "Ouch. Jesus Kara." I hear Alex say. I look up at her and see her rubbing her shoulder. "I mean I guess I can come by tommorow and do the tests there." Me and Kara look at each other and smile.

    "Thanks. Bye Alex. Love ya." Kara says as she reaches for the door, but Alex grabs her wrist and says "Hold on there a second. Kara just please if anything, I mean anything feels a even a little bit off you or Lena call me right away." We both nod and Kara hugs her and then she moves out of the way and me and Kara get out of there before Alex can change her mind.

     When we get back to my apartment, well now it is our apartment. I tell Kara to sit on the couch and get comfortable while I order some Chinese from her favorite restaurant. When I walk into the living room the couch is covered in so many blankets it is ridiculous. I just laugh. Kara looks at me. "Why are you laughing?" "First of all I didn't even know that I had that many blankets and second why did get that many blankets? It is july." I say laughing at the end.

    "I'm really cold." She simply says. I hug her "Don't worry I will keep you warm." I whisper in her ear. We sit down and she picks something on Netflix to watch. She picks some movie about some dog. I think it was really dumb, but she really wanted to watch it so I said yes. I wasn't really watching I was thinking about how I have to break her heart tomorrow.

     I know if I tell her what I did she is going to try to be the hero she is and try to save me. I guess I will have to do this the hard way. Alex is going to kill me if Kara doesn't blow me up first. Hopefully they can both find it in their hearts to forgive me when this is all over. My thoughts are interrupted when I feel a weight on my legs. I looks down and see Kara's head on my legs and her body curled up.

     I go to push a strand of loose hair behind her ear but when I feel her face I pull my hand back quickly. Damn she is really cold. I will tell Alex about it when she comes over tommorow. I hope she is going to be okay after I leave, I know I won't, but I know I have to otherwise my bitch of a mother will kill everyone she has ever loved.

     I pick Kara up and lay her gently down on the bed so she doesn't wake up. "What did I ever do to deserve you?" I say to myself quietly so I don't wake her up. She needs the sleep. She can never seem to catch a break. I wrap multiple layers of blankets over her even though it is July. I kiss her on the cheek and whisper "I love you." And then I lay down next to her and go to sleep.

Sorry about it being so short. I am just really tired and stressed out right now. I just moved in with my mom and my dad and my grandma  are  being  assholes about it. Ugh hate my family so much.