◈Chapter 5◈ "Cat got your tongue?"

A melancholy tune enveloped the whole manor. Len sat on his pianonin his comfiest  pyjamas and a thick, plain blue sweater.

It wasn't as cold as yesterday, but it was still cold for his taste. And on a day like this, he loves to sit in front of his piano with a mug of hot milk tea as near as possible while playing his favorite songs on the piano.

His father and his teacher were out of town for the moment, together with Kaito. They were currently walking the publicity of his first album so he was all along inside a large house... again. He was used to this. He actually prefered this. Every day with his father is a constant struggle that he can't seem to overcome.

The blonde was in the middle of playing the piece named "Memories" when his phone vibrated. He decided to see who was calling him and wondered about who could that be.

Miku-nee calling... It read. So he answered. Simple logic.

"Hello Miku-nee? What do you need? You barely call me." He asked the caller at the end of the line as he received the call.

"Len..." The said boy was shocked at the voice he heard from the other line. The caller's voice was hoarse and scary as if it came out of a horror movie. However the caller was coughing up a storm.

"Whoah! What happened to you? You sound like your gonna die at any minute now."

"Please shut up-- *cough* *cough* Look. I need you to go and get me cough and flu medicine. I'll pay you back."

"What about your folks? Can't they do it? I don't even know where to buy it by myself!" He may act a little mature for his age, there are things that he does not do for himself. For example,  his father forbids him to adventure on his own,  and when combined with his uncanny ability to be lost in unfamiliar places, it's utter mayhem.

"No one's around right now. They are all out at the moment." With her father running the company and her mother acting as a free willed businesswoman who travels around, a lot,  she has no one to be with except for her maid.

"How about your maid?"

"Day off. "

"On a day like this? "

"Her son is in the hospital."

"So you're really alone?"

"I thought we established this? Yes I am alone. "

"Do you need to be brought to the hospital? "

"No need. Just buy me some paracetamol and cogh medicine."

"Paracetamol? What the heck is that? "

"Fever medicine!"

"Can't you have anyone else buy them for you?" Len whined at the other side of the phone. He just didn't feel like going out. One, it was cold. Two he was too lazy to go out at the moment.

"There could be someone else. But I want you to come here. You need to get out once in a while. And I know your all alone at the moment." She reasoned.

Len momentarily paused. So this is why she wanted him to buy those things for her. She wanted him to get out of his house... where she knew he was all alone.