◈Chapter 6: Rewritten◈ "Warm Fuzzies"

The sun faintly peaked through the snow covered branches of the leafless sakura trees of winter. Given it was already ten in the morning a considerable number of people were already walking through the wide snowy park not minding the cold weather. A few children were having a snow fight while some were building snowmen and snow angels without a care in the world. Lovers snuggling with each other as if their coats didn't give them enough warmth.

Len looked at the children with envy. When he was a young boy, he was never allowed to go outside to play. So he grew up with no friends besides Miku. Well theoretically speaking she is more like a sister to Len so he didn't actually consider her a friend.

The winter wind started to blow suddenly across the park. Len rubbed his gloved hands then his biceps. He really hated the cold. He should have brought a thicker jacket. He looked at his current company. She was only wearing a parka and thick jeans and some sneakers. Isn't she cold with her choice of wear? She doesn't have a scarf or gloves.

By now the sun was fully peaking out of the clouds shining brightly down at the snow covered park. Len looked up to the clock in the park. It was 10:32 in the morning.

Len would be lying if he said he wasn't the least worried for his surrogate sister. She hasn't sent a single message since he left the house. The girl was sick for pete's sake! Why would a reasonable adult, or anyone in that matter, leave a hacking girl (who could easily burn down the kitchen by just warming water) all alone.

He was brought out of his stupor by his blonde companion. "Hey!" She called to him a little irritated. "Are you even listening to me?"

"Huh? Uhhhmm... Gomen but can you please repeat that?"

"I knew it! You really weren't listening to me, were you?"

"I was listening... a little." He admitted scratching his cheek.

He laughed nervously. "Actually i'm here because my sister asked me to buy her flu and cough medicines. But I have no idea how." He sighed and hung his head low with a weak smile. "I don't usually buy these stuffs. So I'm waiting for her instructions."

"Huh? But what about your parents?" She innocently asked Len.

Len's smile faltered for a while and the girl would have noticed it if she wasn't looking down at her feet. So he just put on a fake smile and turned to face her.

"Oh they... They are out for the moment. So we're alone at our house."

"Oh okay." She replied followed by a pregnant pause. "Anyway, I thought that you were heading to the drugstore?"

"Well... yes. Why?"

"What do you mean why? Let's go then!" Ehe cheerfully announced.

"Your coming with me?"

"Well since you don't know your way around and you might get lost. Why don't I go with you? I mean, after all the trouble with Yuki and all." She suggested. Len was baffled by this.

"Huh?" Was all he could say.

"Don't you want me to come?"

He looked around the familiar snow coated park that seemed to look different somehow. Then he took a quick glance at the blonde smiling next to him while petting her cat. He hated the cold. But it seems that his mood had never been more lighter in years.

He could not explain this familiar feeling,  this nostalgia. It was confusing. The way she talked with him. Is she this enthusiastic to every people she meets?

"Yes... I-I mean NO! I mean Yes, I'd like you to come ."

"Great!" She exclaimed and grinned widely.