◈Chapter 12: Rewritten◈ "The Rebel"

It was the day of the concert. But most importantly, at least to him, it was his birthday. He was already 12 years old today.

'A Happy, Happy Birthday to me.' Len thought to himself bitterly.

But he wasn't happy.

His father didn't care.

His mother and sister are missing.

The unfinished conversation he had with Rin the night before was weighing on his mind. He was guilty for not answering her truthfully last night. All she did was ask him out of either concerns or curiosity. And she was kind to him too. He wanted to answer, but he can't. His past is very sensitive to him. Sometimes it was hard that he remembers it so vividly. He wishes to just forget it all, to forget the pain. To escape everything and just let go. But he can't what he truly wishes is not disconnection, but a reunion, for things to go back to the way it was.

It was already very hard for him to tell it all to Kai, who saw him one day with a fresh bruise on his face with the courtesy of his father, the first time he saw him in that kind if situation. Explaining it to Kai was hard on him emotionally... and intellectually.

Len stared at his reflection in the mirror as if he was waiting for it to disappear. The bruise he got on the day of the recital was still there, but it wasn't noticeable. Then he frowned and gave out a large sigh.

"What's with the sigh?" His best friend popped up from behind. Len did no effort to face the idiot as he can see him from the mirror anyway.

"What's with you sneaking up behind me." He said, his voice clearly annoyed.

"What's with your face?"

"What's wrong with yours?"

"What's with you being so grouchy?"

"What's with you being so annoying?"

"What's with y... Actually... Never mind."

"Hn." Len shrugged and gave an unsatisfied frown and adjusted his tie.

Kai saw his friends struggle with his tie, again. Honestly... The guy wears ties to every competition he goes to and still does not know how to put one on.

"Your helpless with that thing. You know that?" An amused smirk made it's way unto Kaii's face.

"Who said I needed help?" Len retaliated in a cold tone, annoyed, now more than ever.

"The tie obviously. Now turn around so I could fix it." The blonde musician begruddingly complied, not anymore denying that he is bad at making ties. This is why he only wears already ties that are already made. And it just to happened that he forgot where those ties were.

Both boys were silent.

"Hey. How is Kiyoteru-sensei?" Kaii asked his best friend who obviously flinched.

He knew something was going on when he saw Len walk with his cousin and teacher after their recital. Scratch that. He knew something was seriously wrong, the minute Nagisa-sensei gave that key to Len. It was unusual for people to be invited to the principal's office these days. Whenever there was a case of misconduct at school, the violators would be brought to the school's disciplinarian instead of the principal. Given that he was Len's uncle still doesn't justify why was he sent there ahead if him. I mean, it is a principal's office for goodness sake.

Is this another incident with his abusive father? That has got to be it. Len's father was a fraud of the highest level. Never did Kaii have any respect for the man and probably never will.