◈Chapter 15◈ "Family"

"Rin! Iroha! We're home!"

"Uh-oh~" Rin gave out an awkward smile at the obviously nerved Len.

Len visibly froze in his seat when the two adults enter the living room. Rin had to force back a snicker when she saw him stiffen. It was kind of cute. She imagined a scenario when the boyfriend was caught by the girl's parents when he was visiting his girlfriends. Like a boy caught by his mother, hand inside the cookie jar. Rin gave a sigh.

'I'm too young for this.' She thought.

A blonde haired woman, a pale yellow came inside the room. "Oh Rin!  You didn't say you have a visitor today! I'm sorry dear we just came home from the concert in the park."

Contrasting to his rather large and intimidating build, a soft yet firm voice was heard from the entrance.

"So to whom do we offer the honour of welcoming to our humble adooooobbbee---  It's Len! Rin, why is Kagamine Len here in our house? Aren't you just in the park earlier?" A man, clearly in his early forties entered the living room and got surprised as, Akane Allen, or more known as Len, a rising musical prodigy was in their house. He could still remember when he and his wife were admiring his performance not an hour ago.

Len bowed his head at the couple. "I-I-I am truly s-sorry for intruding. I-I was just visiting Ri-- I mean Kagamine-san here. If I must then I think I should take my leave." Not once during this speech did Len raise his head.

Both parents looked at each other and laughed.

Len's expression turned into one of confusion. He didn't know what was funny. Was he funny? Or did they see something else when they ignored his speech earlier.

Meanwhile, Rin's face was buried in her right hand that was rubbing circles on their forehead. Such troublesome parents.

"Oh... We are sorry,  Len dear. It's a pleasure having you in our house. We we're just surprised that your here after we just saw you perform not an hour before. You're welcome to come here anytime." Rin's mother, a woman in her thirties with long blond and straight hair, smiled at the young musician.

"One question though." Rin's father, a lean man with honey-blonde hair, said behind his wife. The way he carried himself made Len shirk further into the couch that he thought that he might get hurried in it that moment. Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea.

"Did you teleport here? Because if you did that would be super cool!" All the stiffness in his posture was gone and his attitude made a 360° turn.

"Tou-chan you're embarrassing me!" The man laughed at his daughter's outburst,  much to her embarrassment.

"You're embarrassed of your papa? Shame on you young lady!"

"Papa~~~"

"Ohhh stop embarrassing the poor girl honey. We have a guest!"

Len watched the family and observed how they interact with each other. They look so happy that it made him jealous. Unknown to him, the said family was concerned on about his sudden silence.

Rin looked at Len and saw a far away look on his face as he stared at the ground.

"Why the sudden silence Len?" She called his attention.

"O-oh... It's nothing... It's just... You have such a happy family, haven't you?" Len gave out a gentle smile.

The once happy mood was morphed into a solemn one. The young musician felt terrible for shifting the once happy mood to a sad one. It was at times like these where he wished his mouth would just clam shut.

The blonde haired woman donned a gentle smile on her lips which contrasted to her husband's small frown.

"Why don't you kids go to Rin's room for the meantime while I prepare some snacks." The older Kagamine said as she made her way to the kitchen.

Before she entered the kitchen, she turned to the two twelve year olds "If you two need anything just ask. Okay Kagamine Len-kun?"

"Arigato Kagamine-san. Len would be fine."

"I like calling you that though!  It looks likes you're part if the family already! Wanna call me mama too?"

"Mama!" Rin was so embarrassed with her parents by now. Given that this is the first time she had a male visitor, but this isn't how they were supposed to treat them right? It's as if they WANT her to...

Len blushed five shades of red at her mother's teasing. Would thus be what it feels like if he finally has a girlfriend?

Girlfriend?

'What the heck  Len?  You're just 12 damnint!" He thought to himself as his blush intensified.

Len gave out a weak laugh as he and Rin made their way to her room.

OoOoOoOoOoOoO

"He's grown up a lot eh?" Lenka heard her husband say. He was seated at the kitchen counter, again.

"Rinto what did I say about the counter?"

The man in question just shrugged and got off. There were no proper chairs in the kitchen. Those circle plates on barbeque sticks were not chairs. The counter looked more durable anyway.

"And I'm telling you, one of these days, those oversized plates won't support our weight and collapse."

Lenka sighed at his antics. She frowned and gave a contemplative face as she faced her counterpart while making her way to him.

"How many years has it been?" Lenka sat on one of the four stools near the kitchen counter. Rinto took his place back on the counter.

"Seven years maybe? The last time we saw him personally was when his little sister was a baby."

"No, we saw him again when they bought him his first piano." Lenka corrected Rinto while gesturing him to go down from the counter.

"We've been attending his every concert honey."

"He probably doesn't remember us anyway."

"He's been proclaiming that he's finding his mother and sister these past years."

"I feel a bit guilty you know."

"Me too, but it's best for the best.

"Yeah."

The blonde beauty held her husband's hand in he own.

"I miss her Rinto." Rinto gave her wife a side hug and kissed her hair.

"I know honey. I know."

After a few moments of collective silence, Lenka decided that she would start making snacks.

"I hope he still likes cookies."

OoOoOoOoOoOoO

Miku stared at the house before her with a sigh.

"Miss Miku, should I wait for you outside?" Their company driver asked her. She was grateful at the man for complying to her request in such a short notice.

"Yes please. This might take a while so please bear with me." She smiled apologetically at the man.

"I would be willing to oblige Miss."

"Sure, thanks for doing this."

"Anything Miss Miku."

The tealette watched the car as it drove away before she focused her attention on the house in front of her again.

"I haven't seen Lenka-san and Rinto-san in a long time." She said to herself before pressing the doorbell.