◈Chapter 16 ◈"Tolerance"

Rin gave out a large snort. She having the time of her life.

"And that was enough reason for you to leave an opened can of lemonade next to me?"

Len blushed as he scratched his cheek. "Well, I saw you having a coughing fit as if you were choking or something, so... Yeah." He admitted.

The female blond was already tearing up from all the laughing they were doing. Len was currently telling her about the first time they met. She had thought "Honestly, I thought the guy was a little older. And more, well... perverted? But turns out it was just a hopeless and socially awkward kid."

"You are a kid too! We are not that different!"

"Well I for one would not leave a lemonade for a compete stranger."

"Well sorry for saving your life. Also..." Len went silent before whispering something that almost escaped her hearing.

"... It wasn't the first time we met."

Rin raised an eyebrow at this. That wasn't the first? She was sure that their first contact. Sure she saw him once or twice, being a musician and all.

"What do you mean?"

Len shifted uncomfortably on the floor. He reached out for a pillow and hugged it. Half hurrying his face in it.

"I can't explain it well, but, I think we did meet before. Even before when I first heard you sing in the park." He looked at her straight in the eyes. "Why WERE you singing there anyway?"

Rin gave out a sigh. "I'm like you. I'm finding someone with relying on music too. "

Len was awestruck. He never thought they were more similar than he originally thought. They had same hair and eye colors. Same fruit addiction (with their own fruit of choice respectively). Same interest in music. And now, they were finding someone too. As much as he wanted to ask her who was it she was finding, he couldn't. He wasn't being fair. He still hadn't told her what his problem was.

Rin was glad, yet disappointed at the same time when Len didn't ask her further. She would have answered him without hesitation. I mean, he did come all the way to her house just to tell his.

But she respected his decision and let an air of silence form. She knew he was curious. Just as she was curious about his.

Rin stared at her current companion and assessed his features. He had half of his face hurried in her pillow so she could not see his mouth. But his eyes, they looked sad. They looked weary and we're not far from empty. This expression was a far cry from his previous vibrant one.

She silently gasped as she traced the faintest shades of dark purple on his face. As if, as if there was a bruise there before.

She slowly crawled toward Len who just stared at her abrupt action. He did not do anything to prevent her from raising his face and touching his bruise that was almost healed.

He sighed in defeat and gave a faint smile.

"I snuck out of the venue to meet with you today."

Saying that Rin was troubled by the boy's revelation was an understatement. Judging from the bruise he has, he us being abused. No words we're needed. Evidence spoke for itself. And him sneaking out prooved her theory more.

The way this conversation was heading, his problem was something one might only expect in the movies. Meaning, it wasn't good. So she said nothing, choosing to only let him speak which Len was grateful of.

There was a tense and cold silence in the air. Neither of the two blonds said anything. Neither wanted to anyway, at the moment. Both we're currently comfortable sitting in silence, even for a few seconds.