◈Chapter 17 ◈ "Circumtances"

During Len's escape from the concert...

He felt naked despite wearing layers of clothes. Or maybe, he supposes, it was because he was alone at the moment. Alone and defenseless. This wasn't lime him at all. He always had at least five plans ahead. But they had planed six.

*clunk* It was strange to play chess with a marble board. It gave off a feeling of omniousity made him shiver uncontrollably. The Mosaic tiled floor is coated in bright polished red. So red that he would not be surprised if some blood was between the cracks.

"We seem to have been running in circles don't you think?" A man clad in black smiled maniacly under his ebony colored fedora.

"My my... It seems we have." The man, clad in an equally dark suit sighed out.

"But of course... " the suited man moved the horse to E2 while his playmate looked amused. "I don't plan to loose a game I never started. Sorry, but, Checkmate."

"You have still too much to learn in order to equally tango with the demon, aka." The man pushed away his fedora to reveal red bloodshot eyes that looked ready to devour. It was another checkmate made by a mere pawn.

"But of course, if you want to, you're always welcome here. I love the color red after all."

He was playing mind games. And he was enjoying it. But so was he. And if it's a mental game he was after, then he's going to get it.

"Really? Well, personally I love the combination of yellow and blue." He a sickening sweet smile at the man in a fedora.

"Well. Unfortunately, I believe we ended this game in a draw."

"It seems so." The man in a suit stood up to leave the room. He took the coat he hung up on the rack near the door. He was about to make his exit when he was stopped dead in his tracks,

"But next time..." He looked at his previous opponent who was still seated on his velvet one-man couch, hat covering half of his face. "There would only be one winner."

oOoOoOoOoOo

It wasn't fair!

How come her famy knew famous people and didn't tell her. Well technically, she saw her older sister with Kagamine Len so that didn't count. Still! Rin also knew Hatsune Miku, meeting her a few times before?!

"And then she tripped on a branch when no one thought was looking!" Iroha heard Miku say in between laughs.

"Ahh! Stop it Hatsune-san! It's embarrassing! That song was so heartfelt too!" The younger Kagamine could imagine her sister hurrying her hands in her hands from the muffled sounds she was making. How she wished she could mingle with them.

Lenka accompanied Miku in giving them cookies, therefore she had the chance to join their conversation. Her patience was running out and was about to barge inside and talk with them when she saw her father motion her to come.

Fighting the urge to have fun, she hesitantly stood up and walked silently to her father.

"I saw mice in the backyard. Wanna help?" Rinto asked Iroha with a side grin.

She just pouted back childishly at him. "How about mama? Why can't she do it."

"Cause she'll probably go overboard. You know how she is when doing this stuff."

"But I wanted to be with nee-chan."

Rinto smiled sadly at his daughter and patted her head. "You know what our job is, right?"

Ever so hesitantly, Iroha noded and smiled. "Hai papa."

"Good girl. Now, where are our tools?"

oOoOoOoOoOo