◈Chapter 8: Rewritten◈ "Rebellion"

There are two known facts at class 6-B at Kawakura Elementary School that revolves around the celebrity who is Kagamine Len. One, that his real name is Akane Allen. And Akane Allen, son of Akane Fukase , the youngest in all Japan to have his own album, a prodigal musician, never… NEVER comes to school if his father called on him as sick or too busy for work. So when he actually came to school, he ACTUALLY CAME TO SCHOOL, his teachers and classmates were shocked. As soon as he entered their classroom he was bombarded with various questions.

“Akane-kun are you alright?”

“Your father called you in sick. Why are you here?”

“Are you still sick Akane san?”

“Are you going to still going to perform later?”

The myriad of questions just passed from the one ear to the other. Len was unable to keep up with answering. Only one question seemed to catch Len’s attention.

“You didn’t jump off the window just to escape or something like that, right?” Kaii, a ravenette with a striking resemblance with Kaito, who is in a matter of fact his cousin. except he has black hair and blue eyes asked quite bluntly. The people who managed to create a circle around Len parted to give the guys space to walk.

“Maybe? Who knows. The world is that mysterious.” Len humored his friend.

Kaii was a close friend of his. Dare he say he was his best friend. They were together for all the days he came to school. Kaii was one of the people who didn’t befriend the boy because of his fame. From time to time he would openly tell Len how he hates the blonde because he was so damn good-looking, smart and talented despite being good-looking himself. Whenever Kaii says this though Len would retort that Plastic surgery is available for him if he ever chose to. The latter would result to a childish squabble. Other than the occasional rough plays and blunt insults which never affected the both of them they tend to understand each other even though they tend to get on each other’s nerves every now and then. Either way, he was a good friend. Now he is a perfect best friend. For this, Len was grateful.

“You and your hip hot guy language.” Kaii sighed at his friend. Noticing the sudden change of attire, he decided to point it out to Len. “Hey Len, What’s with the mask? Trying to look mysterious?” He wriggled his eyebrows at the blonde.

“I just thought it would look cool.” Len bashfully admitted.

Kaii sweatdropped at his friend. Surely the guy looked at his mirror before or even after he put on the mask? “I think the banana pattern kinda beats the whole point of being cool though.”

“What do mean? Bananas are all kind of cool!” Len declared with a passion. His eyes burning with fire and a spotlight that focused on him in a way that only he could see.

“Are you even considering wearing that mask with your tux later?”

“I would gladly wear a fruit hat if it meant that I could keep the mask on.”

“You really are quite messed up.”

“So I have been told.”

Before their conversation could move on, they were cut off by their teacher. “Okay before Akane and Shion could continue their squabble I would like to tell everyone to start preparing for the recital. All those who won’t have to perform are requested to help in the auditorium an for those who will may kindly start preparing also.”

“Hai sensei!” * The class chorused as they started to do what their teacher ordered them

Kaii sighed as he put his hands on his waist. “Guess it’s time to get ready ourselves right Len?”