Chapter Twenty Two

Niall's POV

"Are you sure about this?" Zayn asks me, looking worried.

"Yes. I'm doing this. I have to. I can’t take it anymore."

"So where are you meeting her?"

"I'm taking her out for dinner. I hope she takes it well." I say, rubbing my eyes.

"I hope you know what you're doing."

"Yeah. Yeah I do. I know I want to do this. Besides, I've seen how happy you and Gigi are. I want that, too."

He smiles at the mention of his wife's name. They got married a year back, and have been happy ever since.

I want that with Trisha. I love her, and I want to make her my wife.

So I'm going to propose to her tonight. I hope she says yes, because I can't imagine my life without her.

                             ♡♡♡

Trisha's POV

From Ni
Rapunzel, let down your golden hair.

To Ni
I thought I was Jasmine

From Ni
You were. But then Zayn played Aladdin in that movie. So now you're Rapunzel.

To Ni
Okay. But you're forgetting that I dont have magical golden hair :'(

From Ni
Oh no
How are you going to meet me now?

To Ni
Magic carpet. It has to be. (See what I did there? ;))

From Ni
Of course!
Okay jokes aside, I'm freezing down here, so please come down fast.

Haha

To Ni
Sir yes sir.

He doesn't reply after that, probably sat inside the car with the heater on.

                             ♡♡♡
"Seriously?! You're blindfolding me? Again?"

He laughs heartily and grabs my hand.

"Don't worry, I'll be careful this time."

After two minutes of bumping into random things, I ask, "Are we there yet?"

"Actually, we are."

He removes my blindfold and allows me to open my eyes.

"It's....the same place. Where we had our first date..." I look around in awe.

It was the same little diner, where he lead me for our first date. Christmas lights dangled from the roof to the floor, creating a kind of a curtain between the entrance and the table, which had a colour changing LED candle lit on top of it. The same familiar tune from three years ago was playing. The wooden floor was covered in red rose petals. A bouquet of red and yellow roses adorned the table, alongside the candle.

"Well...do you like it?" He asks, scratching his neck.

"I love it." I whisper, still in awe of the beautiful setting.

"You know, I'm already your girlfriend. You don't have to impress me."

He laughs.

"Let's eat?" He asks softly in my ear.

"Yeah."

He takes my hand in his and leads me to the table. He pulls my chair for me, and walks over to the other side.

This time, I see, we're not having chinese. In fact, we're having something far from it.

We're having KFC.

I laugh as I look at the food.

"You sure know the way to a woman's heart." I wink at him.

"Oh, yes, I do." He stares at me.

We eat, his eyes seldom leaving mine.

When we're done with dinner, I ask him,

"So what am I having as sweet dish?"

He mutters something along the lines of "Me." I guess, but I'm not sure.

"Oh..um... I actually had to ask you something..." He says looking nervous. Why is he nervous?

"Tell me?" I ask confused.

He stands up, walks over to my chair, and makes me stand too. He leads me near the lights, and stands before me.

"Well....Trisha..... I love you so much....and....oh god I'm horrible at this." He takes a deep breath and looks up at me.

"The thing is, I love you so freaking much.... it hurts every time we have to say goodbye, even if we meet the next day. I can’t get enough of you. I... I want to....." At this he kneels down on one knee. Oh my god. "I want you to be the first person I say good morning to, and the only person I kiss goodnight. I want to be with you all the. To never have to say goodbye. I love you. More than anything else. And.... that's I want to ask you...." He puts an interogatory hand into his pant pocket, and extracts a box. He opens the box and pulls something out. A ring. "It doesn't have to be anytime soon, but I just want to...you know....." He sighs. "Will you marry me?" He looks into my now tearfilled eyes, with hope.

"I....hell yes!" He exhales and puts the ring on my finger, picking me up and kissing me while spinning.

"I love you so much too." I whisper into his ear, and kiss him all over again.

                             ♡♡♡

So...... I might just continue this book....