Chapter 6

As soon as the sun went down Diana was a different person

As soon as the sun went down Diana was a different person. Aaron watched as the girl who was all giggling and flirting stopped talking all together, staring out the window. And Aaron knew why. He flipped through a magazine she had lying around, filled with clothes and toys, but he kept mindlessly looking. "Don't pay attention to them." He finally spoke, causing her to jump. "I don't understand how you're not afraid of me - the guy who had a knife to your neck - but you're afraid of a few blonde teens."

"They're looking in my window, it's creepy." Aaron stopped flipping through pages. So that is what an afraid Diana sounds like. He was going to admit it - he missed the other Diana.

Reluctantly, Aaron got up and walked towards the window - dragging the dark curtains shut. "Happy now princess?"

"Thanks pretty boy." And she was back. Grunting was all he replied with as he sat back down on the couch. "I'm going to go have a shower." Diana warned him, grabbing a towel and clothes. "Don't miss me to much." She wiggled her fingers for a flirtatious wave.

Aaron need this night to end, to get away from this small flirting mortal who he is actually starting to take orders from. Fearing he'd become attached slightly to the mortal, he opted to go to sleep before she got back.

Lying down, he closed his eyes taking a deep, calming breath. Except all he could smell was her. Her slight perfume - her natural scent and whatever else she had rolled around in through her day. Shoving her aside in his mind - he focused on the task at hand. Opal.

She had something the Batasille wanted - what he, his kind, wanted.

And Diana came back into his mind quickly as she left. Why was she always so alone? Is that why she was so weird and clingy?

As if thinking about her summoned her, she padded up the stairs. Hair wet and all her other features seemed darker - more attractive. Her eye lashes thicker - eyes darker. Aaron sat up. Her skin seemed to glow - she must have had a hot shower - basking in the hot water. "Sorry - did I wake you?" She asked, her lips seemingly a darker shade.

"Not at all." He watched as she climbed into her bed - the two at the same height, she stared at him - eye level.

"Good night - wake me if you need anything." She told him softly, wrapping herself into her large cacoon.

Aaron stared up at the ceiling - this was the last time he was going to volunteer to baby sit the bartering tool.

Finally, his eyes started to flutter shut.

"Pst, pretty boy." He ignored Dianas attempts of getting his attention - the sleep pulling him under. "I know you need the Lyśtra." Aarons head snapped towards where Diana slept - but she was out. She hadn't spoken... it must have been his imagination. Closing his eyes - he wondered if he should sleep - which he should as he had started seeing and hearing things.

Aaron woke blinking back the light - so he had fallen asleep last night. He was supposed to keep an eye on Diana and keep Josh and his brothers away.

Turning to the side Diana was still sleep, eyes closed and body curled up.  He wondered what she dreamed about, watching her eyes flicker around. Sitting up - he went off to find the bathroom. No need to give her a reason to flirt with him - not that he was minding it anymore. But he still needed to be on his feet and alert.

He walked out of the bathroom - face clean and anything else he needed to fix up in his human appearance.

"Wake up." Aaron poked Dianas knee.

"Hello." She croaked, eyes blinking softly open. "Happy Saturday." She waved, rolling away from him.

"No, get up." He shoved her back gently. "Diana." He warned, watching her sigh deeply before sitting up. "Mortals." He grumbled. How could she always be tired?

"Immortals." She shot back tiredly. Having trouble climbing out of bed. "Please, help." She extended a hand for help. Reluctantly, he took it and yanked her out of her bed. She stumbled on the ground, gripping his hand for support. He tried to yank his hand back but her grip was strong. "Thanks Pretty boy."

Sneering he finally yanked his hand free. "Your welcome." He spat walking out her bedroom.

"He likes me." She giggled, following him out.