Chapter 21

Diana Keller held Aarons hand over the table, watching as his eyes stayed trained on her lips as she spoke, always smiling

Diana Keller held Aarons hand over the table, watching as his eyes stayed trained on her lips as she spoke, always smiling. "So what did Elliot want?" She knew he wasn't listening - finding it adorable that he was preoccupied with her lips and not the mundane things flying out of her mouth. Actually wanting an answer, she nudged him with her foot, resulting in his hand going to her exposed knee. Giggling she repeated her question.

"Mostly brotherly threats." Aaron shrugged, watching Diana raise an eyebrow. "He said the whole hurt her and I'll hurt you." He elaborated, watching her face pull into a pout.

"That's embarrassing." She mumbled, running a hand through her hair. "I'm going to laugh if he recorded what you said then fixed it so it made you sound like a bad guy." She started laughing uncomfortably, Aaron tried to keep his face straight.

"Dia I am a bad guy." He snorted out, running a thumb across her knuckle, other hands finger tips running down her knee.

"No you're a cutie." She cooed, the sweet touching of Aaron ceased. "No don't stop please."

"I hate manners." He said calmly, pulling his hand away from hers.

"Aaron." She whinned.

"Whining I like." His hands went back, causing the blonde girl to smile again. "It's not even sexual, why would you like it?"

"Because you have soft hands." She shrugged, entwining their hands again. "That's our food!" She gasped excitedly, watching as the lady placed the food down in front of us, sending Aaron a weary look.

Aaron still didn't like human food.

But he ate it for Diana, who ate hers and his food, which he didn't protest to. "What do you usually do when you're not with me?" She asked, hand trailing over his wrist.

"Kill people." He shrugged, watching their hands as she trailed her hand over his again and again, finger tips making goosebumps rise up his forearms. "What do you do?"

"Eat, sleep, watch tv, do homework or something." She shrugged. "Not as cool as you though." She giggled, Aaron tried to focus on the things she said - again finding himself distracted by Diana. Her lips, her touch, her presence. Anything she did was hot, attractive or he couldn't keep his eyes off her.

"Killing people isn't cool." Aaron rolled his eyes.

"But when you do it, it is." She smiled, pushing her plate to the side. "You want to go?" Aaron simply nodded, they had already paid for their food and walked out of the restaurant hand in hand.

Suddenly a hand clamped down on his shoulder, reefing him away from Diana. "Is this your human, we've heard so much about her." Aaron froze.

It was another Batasille. "Zyron." Aaron said as calmly as he could while the older, more powerful Batasille stood before him, claws digging into the flesh of his shoulder, the man had messy facial hair and oily hair, the bags under his eyes disgustingly noises.

"Don't ignore the question, what's her name?" Zyron asked, fishing Aarons keys out his shirts pocket.

"Diana go wait in the car." Aaron said again calmly.

"It's locked." Diana squeezed his hand,  but Aaron still didn't face her.

"Zyron, give her the keys." Aaron kept his breathing even, well aware the two other Batasille that stood behind them.

"You're no fun." Zyron pouted, handing it out to her. Reluctantly, Diana let go of her boyfriends hand. "Take it - oh - take it." He taunted, jerking his hand away from Diana, the keys rattling around.

Diana clenched her jaw in annoyance, opening her mouth to snap out a rude remark but Aaron told her off with deadly calm, already reaching the point of wanting to shift. "Diana."

Zyron let her take the keys, but Aarons remark didn't really hit its mark with her as she gave Zyron the finger, glaring at him slightly as she walked to his car, getting into the drivers seat instead of the usual passenger side. As the car was made by dark magic - basically Aarons servant - she would be safe away from them. Even him. She just needed to stay in the car.

"We heard you've found the Lyśtra." Zyrons eyes were again pinned on Aaron.

"You heard wrong." Aaron replied curtly.

"Then why are you so guarded?" Zyron shot back, hand leaving his shoulder finally, only to stand between him and Diana. "What are you hiding." Aarons body betrayed him as his eyes flickered to Diana, who watched from inside the car. Zyron followed his gaze, turning back around he smirked widely. "Are you in love with a mortal? - you know that's bad Aaron." He chuckled, taking a step closer so their toes were touching.

"Love is not real." Aaron replied, anxious as he felt the Batasille behind him exchanging glances - they were against mortals and Batasille relationships - mainly because of them being mated to their own kind.

"Oh but sex is." Zyron shot back, pressing his index finger into Aaron. "Does she know about your true form? Or do you prefer tumbling in the sheets in your human form." Aaron stared down at his finger, a filthy black claw had appeared on the end of his finger. "I was once in love with a human." He lowered his voice so only Aaron could hear, surprising the younger monster. "And did you know what they did to her? They ripped out her intestines and bathed in her blood because I thought we were safe - keep an eye on that one or her death'll be on you." He smirked. "Come on, lets leave Aaron to his pleasures, she is your mate for life after all." Zyron and his companions turned and started walking away - and Aaron had a bad feeling that he shouldn't have just left the Lyśtra on Dianas bed.

He had to get Diana away, and had to follow the other Batasille - then do something about the Lyśtra.

Was he going to give it to his kind - he felt as if there was another option - but he couldn't think of it.