Chapter 11

Aaron felt like the two were having a girly conversation as the two kept looking over to him

Aaron felt like the two were having a girly conversation as the two kept looking over to him. Diana was the only one who would giggle and wave at him. Ellen didn't like him - it was fair - he didn't like her. He was only there for Diana - his... what was she to him?

Play thing didn't seem like an appropriate term.

Girlfriend.

He scoffed at the thought - yeah right.

"Hey pretty boy, do you know when I'll be home by tonight?" Diana asked, pressing herself against his chest. Aaron didn't freeze up, he had to act cool.

"There is no exact time." He replied - pissing Ellen off as his hand came to rest on her freinds backside.

"See Ellen - it doesn't matter." She shrugged, turning her head to Ellen. Ellen, who had refused to look at them, turned her head in their direction slightly. "But don't worry Elle, I'll be home before bed time." She joked, pressing a collection of kisses to his mouth.

He let her do it - he liked to show her off.

Ellen rolled her eyes, taking a step towards the door. "I'll be going then - don't mind me." She quickly made her way out the rest of the house.

"I'll be back." Diana quickly made after her friend - following her outside. "Ellen! Elle wait!" Diana was amazed that Ellen had gotten so far - in such a short time.

"What is wrong with you?" Ellen turned, demanding. "You and I both have read two hundred and one pages of the Lyśtra - you know it's obviously somewhat true." Ellen hissed.

"He's a Batasille, remember that word showed up in the page we haven't read? We need to read it and maybe it'll give us some insight of what they are." Diana defended, thankful Ellen had stopped walking.

"But why give it to him. Why not Opal - like you said she's in league with thoes four guys. The good guys." Ellen said in a duh voice.

"But they never said they were good guys. Aaron admited to being the bad guy which enviably makes him the good guy." Diana rolled her eyes - speaking as if she were true.

"I hope this whole thing isn't based off that stupidity." Ellen replied flatly. Diana only scoffed in reply.

"He's not like the others." Diana replied, her voice giving away that she was far off in her mind.

"Okay - I'm your best friend, I'm on your side." Ellen admited softly, pulling her friend into a hug. "But - " she gnawed her lip, the two turning to where Aaron watched on from the front porch. "That boy is a monster."

"At least he's good looking." Diana snorted, pulling away from their hug. "See you at school Monday?"

"See you at school." Ellen goodbyed - walking away finally.

"She's right - I'm a monster." Aaron told her flatly as Diana stood by his side again.

"Like I said - if you're a monster so am I." She smiled up at him before brushing past him and back into the house. "Are we going to meet Opal and her gang now?"

"Yeah - won't hurt being early." Aaron replied reluctantly. He eyed Diana - there was a high chance he'd have to turn on his friends to bring her back here - alive.

And Diana was coming back here alive.

Scared of him or not. He wasn't going to let her get hurt.

But if everything goes to plan - then he'll have to hand Diana over to Opal for the book. The book his kind hunted and killed for. The Batasille needed that book. And for his own curiosity over a small, irrelevant human - she was going to end up as one of the dead.

Aaron watched as Diana grabbed a few coats. "How cold do you think it will be in the forest?" She asked - still grabbing to many jumpers.

"Considering you're so small - those will do." He remarked as the two got into the car. "Want to get something to eat first?" He asked - cringing. He only offered because he heard her stomach quietly rumbling.

"Yes please!" She cheered excitedly. He nearly spewed at the use of her manners. What had the mortal been doing to him? - was she a witch? Using powers to manipulate his mind and make him - care.  Caring was like a slip-up. And that slip-up cost him sitting in the drive thru with a bouncing blonde - whose mouth watered as she stared lovingly at the bag of food the woman handed over.

"If only you looked at me the way you looked at food." He overly dramatically sighed - causing the woman in the window to giggle - flirtatiously. And Aaron had to supress a laugh as Dianas head slowly turned to glare at the woman. She was jealous - a sign of sin - not a complete pure.

"Of course I look at you like that babe." She pressed her lips to his heatedly. "Let's go somewhere - " she bit her lip and Aaron wished they had the time.

She sat back in her seat - excitedly eyeing the food in her lap. 'Great, more manners.' Aaron mentally scoffed. "Just eat babe, you might not get another chance." He watched as she sprung into the paper bag - excitedly pulling out fries and nuggets.

"My beautifuls." She cooed before taking a huge bite out of one. "Want some?" She offered - blue doe eyes glittering. He bit his cheek, there was no point in telling her he didn't eat human food - but she looked hot.

"Fry me." He winked, opening his mouth as she fed him - giggling.

He was savoring these moments - where he forgot he was a Batasille. Forgot he had responsibilities and problems. Instead he unconsciously focused on the mortal girl he was disgustingly growing attached to.