Chapter 14

It was like a release, affirmation that he was indeed not human

It was like a release, affirmation that he was indeed not human. His body bended and expanded as he turned into it.

He became his Batasille self.

His skin turned into a black leather - fur sprouting along it - and large empty eyes. His jaw jutted out and sharp fangs appeared, his hands turned to long claws and wings stretched behind him. Black leather with ugly black veins running across it. Hooked claws for extra grip.

And he roared - roared a ferocious screech as everybody stood frozen.

Aaron for once was afraid - he was afraid of Diana being hurt. But he was afraid to turn around to see the reaction - to witness the look on her face at his ugly appearance. "Diana run!" He yelled - voice different.

But she ran. Either in fear or responding to what he said. She ran.

It was good at least - she was going to be safe away from him - away from these people.

He would get information from her about the Lyśtra - but her living and staying alive right now was more important.

"Aaron." Kali growled - shifting as well.

"I will talk to her - no one is to touch her - no one is to see her - no one is to have contact with her." Aaron declared - angrily. His voice was gravely and booming, his appearance brought Opal to shake in fear - tears prickle at the sight of him.

Dianas chest lurched for air - causing her to stop. Running just seemed wrong. Running away seemed cowardly and it didn't sit well with leaving Aaron.

Aaron.

He was a Batasille - she thought the term Batasille was like the french meaning. Battle. But then it does make sense - Battle.

They're battling the demons that are inside.

And she ran - she ran making him believe she was afraid. The thought of rejection could make him slip up in his inner battle.

Diana looked back - no - he wanted her to run. To get to safety. She knew about Lyśtra - she could rephrase passages out the Lyśtra. That made her a target.

But Aaron - Aaron was fighting to protect her. And hell - she was very capable of holding her own.

So she ran - back. Back to Aaron, of he was going to risk his life for her, she was going to do the same for him. So Diana ran all the way back to him, she could hear his scary booming voice, shivers ran down her spine, she thought he was joking. All the times he joked about murder or killing her. Gods damn she held a knife to her throat - he could have killed her. But he didn't. That's why she ran back. He was never planning on killing her.

"Aaron!" She yelled, grabbing a large stick with one hand. And she hit Kali with it over the head - watching the scary shifted woman fall to the ground - unconscious. Everyone stayed wide-eye at her - but her gaze was on Aaron. His eyes - maybe larger - but they were still his. And he stared at her, he might have been scary looking but - and she smiled.

She looked his demon in the eyes and smiled. She fell for the very thing he thought she'd fear.

And so he smiled - fangs spreading and showing. And the four blonds and Opal turn tailed and ran - Zyc grabbing Kali and dragging her away - sending Aaron a smirk.

His human was crazy - brilliant and courageous - but crazy.

Aaron shifted back to his human form once the two were alone, his familiar appearance caused Diana to drop her stick and run to him. She wrapped her arms around his neck shaking. "I hurt my arms." She said softly. And Aaron laughed, wrapping his arms around her tighter. Relief filled him - she had accepted him for his everything. His demons and angels, his smiles and his scowls and him.

And he liked her - sort of - for her stupidity and acceptance.

"Want to go on a date?" He asked her, running a hand through her hair.

"Yeah - maybe tomorrow? I think I'm going to pass out." She told him breathlessly - honestly.

"Okay. I'll help you to the car baby." He mumbled, looping her arm over his shoulders and picked her up bridal style. She giggled, hugging him around the neck. "I told you not to come back." Aaron reminded her, carrying her back to the car.

"Well - you needed me." She shook it off. "I needed to save my little damsel and distress." She joked, kissing his cheek when he frowned down at her.

"I am not a - " she cut him off with a quick kiss.

"Yes you are pretty boy." She giggled happily. As they arrived at the car.

"You sure are a piece of work." He shook his head, putting her in the passenger seat of his car. "Thanks." The words tasting foreign in his mouth. She blushed, staring him in the eyes. "Thank you for coming to rescue me princess, I needed it." He pressed a kiss to her mouth softly.