chapter four

Chapter 4: I'm falling for your eyes but they don't know me yet.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The bright sunlight streamed through the thin, white curtains. Jungkook sat criss-crossed on his bed, hair disheveled, eyes baggy and tired. By the state he was in it would seem to anyone that he had barely slept a wink at all, and they would be right. He hadn't slept anything last night as his mind was filled with worry and thought.

All night he kept tossing and turning around in his bed. He would close his eyes for a few brief seconds before quickly opening them up again. The image of the struggling mermaid was still engraved fresh in his mind. Jungkook could hear and feel the pain the mermaid was in and couldn't help but feel guilty about accepting the project Mr. Han had given him.

But it hadn't only been the images of the struggling mermaid that had kept him up, it was also the thought of him having to do the exact same thing. Jungkook was terrified, he was scared of showing up to work today. He had debated all night long whether to show up to work or not but in the end he decided to battle his fear and get this over with.

Jungkook glanced at his clock, it read 6:30am.

I'm actually going to be early to work for the first time. He thought to himself.

Jungkook sighed deeply and got up from his bed. He ran a hand through his disheveled hair and headed towards the bathroom. He took a quick shower, dressed himself, and was soon on his way to work.

He took his time walking to work as he had left home earlier than usual. Jungkook still couldn't process the fact that he had seen an actual mermaid, a real life mermaid with his very own eyes. It was amazing to see that this creature represents the 95% of the ocean that we still hadn't discovered. It is completely shocking to know that there are unknown creatures like these swimming in our oceans without us knowing about it.

As Jungkook stopped in front of the light stop located in front of the building he felt a tingling sensation on his throat. His throat felt dry for some weird reason and his legs were starting to feel a tad bit stiff. He shook his right leg to wake it up before shaking his other leg as well. Jungkook checked his watch and surprisingly it seemed to be he was going to arrive to work 20 minutes early.

The light turned green and Jungkook walked towards the building. He stopped in front and took a deep breath, "Here goes nothing." He mumbled to himself and made his way inside the building.

Jisu was sitting in the reception desk as usual, a magazine covering her face. Jungkook cleared his throat.

"Sorry but we aren't open -" Jisu lifted her gaze from the magazine and Jungkook smiled at her.