chapter twenty two

Chapter 22: How can someone as incompetent as me save you?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"I've been following you." Namjoon whispered, a smirk growing on his face. "I have been following you since the beginning."

"Why?" Jungkook lifted his head up, glaring at him. "Why are you doing this?"

Namjoon leaned in and lightly slapped his cheek, "Because you are an incompetent bastard who ruined my plan."

"I was soon to deemed one of the greatest scientists because of this discovery. My father was proud of me. For the first time in 20 years, he had finally acknowledged me. I was supposed to be the only one to know about this but stupid Mr. Han decided to assign you what was supposed to be MY project." Namjoon gritted.

"And for that, I despise you."

"I hate you, Jeon Jungkook. I hate you so fucking much!" Namjoon spat, his eyes darkening.

Namjoon walked closer to Jungkook and punched him. Jungkook didn't fight or say anything, he just allowed him to. Namjoon punched Jungkook until he got tired. He lifted his head up, his eyes red and watery.

"Take it all out." Jungkook whispered. "Go on and release all your anger."

"Shut up!" Namjoon exclaimed, punching him again. Jungkook didn't say anything and just stared at him.

"Shut the fuck up!" He cried, his voice quivering.

Namjoon stood up and walked away from him. He turned around and his back was now facing Jungkook. Jungkook thought he must've heard sniffling but he wasn't sure. Namjoon paced around, his fingers brushing through his hair. He took a deep breath before turning around to face Jungkook.

"I'm giving you one last chance." Namjoon wiped his eyes, and pointed at Jungkook. "You have 1 day. 1 day to bring back the mermaid. If you don't, I won't hold back on killing you and him."

With that said Namjoon left, leaving a bloodied Jungkook leaning against the wall. Jungkook coughed, spitting blood out. He stayed there laying for a few moments, just thinking about the words Namjoon had told him.

He was hurt. He was angry. He was just taking out all the anger he had bottled up over the years. And Jungkook was okay with it. He didn't mind getting beaten up by him.

Namjoon had endured so much throughout in his life. His father had neglected him ever since the day he was born because he wasn't his son, he was the product of an affair his wife have had. Ever since that day, Namjoon lived a life full of pain, making him grow up to be cold and distant toward others. He didn't know how to handle his emotions and that's one of the reasons why Jungkook had allowed himself to get beaten by him.

Jungkook finally decided that he needed to get inside as soon as possible. He needed to treat the wounds before they get worse or infected.

He tried lifting himself up from the floor. He put pressure on his leg and tried to use all his power to lift himself up. He bit his lip, restraining the pain trying to emerge from his mouth. It took him a lot of effort but he finally managed to stand up.

He slowly dragged his body inside the house and threw himself on the couch. Jungkook took a deep breath and took off his shirt, bruises covering his body. He lightly touched one of them and winced in pain. They were bad. It seemed like they were going to take a few weeks to heal.

Jungkook wanted to stand up and reach for the first aid kit Jungkook kept in the restroom but he didn't want to wake Jimin up. So he just laid there, enduring the pain by himself. He laid on the couch just thinking about what he was going to do.

He felt his eyes starting to droop. He would shake himself awake, remembering to keep guard in case Namjoon decides to break in and steal Jimin. His brain told him to stay awake but his body was telling him the complete opposite. Slowly, his eyes started to close and sleep took over him.

...

He doesn't remember when he must've fallen asleep. Jungkook yawned and lifted his head to check on his wounds to see if they had gotten any worse because he had left them untreated all night long. But when he looked, they were completely healed.

"What the -?" He wasn't able to finish his sentence when he was interrupted by someone.

"I healed them." A voice emerged behind him. Jungkook turned around and Jimin stood there, crossing his arms over his chest.

He had a serious expression on his face but his eyes hid another type of expression. Jimin walked around to the couch and took a seat next to Jungkook. Jimin avoided eye contact and played with his fingers.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He suddenly asked.

"Tell you what?" Jungkook knew what Jimin meant by that but still decided to ask.

"That you were hurt."

Jungkook shrugged and coolly replied, "I didn't see any importance to it. It doesn't matter anyways."

"It matters to me! You could've died Jungkook!" Jimin cried, his voice quivering with every word he spoke. "You were badly hurt. What if you did die? What am I supposed to do here alone?"

"Why do you care if I get hurt or not?! You're not human! You can't feel the pain I felt!" Jungkook suddenly shouted and Jimin gasped.

He covered his mouth once he realized the words that slipped out his lips, but it was too late to take them back.

Jimin shook his head, "I was just trying to help but I guess you're fine on your own. This is what I get for trying to help you."

"J-Jimin..." Jungkook stood up and tried to reach out for Jimin's hand but the boy just pulled away. He stood up from the couch and walked off to the other end of the room; his back facing Jungkook.

"I didn't mean to say that." Jungkook tried apologizing but Jimin just huffed in annoyance. "I know this is no excuse but I'm just stressed and I took out all my anger out towards you. I'm sorry."

Jimin continued ignoring him and Jungkook stood up from the couch. He walked towards Jimin and wrapped his arms around his waist. Jimin shook them off and started walking away. He stopped when he heard Jungkook wail, his cries filling the room.

"I'm sorry, Jimin. Please don't go." Jungkook sobbed, covering his face with his hands. "I'm scared, okay? I'm scared that Namjoon is going to come and take you away from me! I don't want to lose you Jimin. I love you so much!"

"And it hurts me to know that you're in danger. I don't know what to do. I barely get any sleep, always thinking on ways to help you. How can someone as incompetent as me save you?"

"Don't."

"Don't do what?" Jungkook asked, his eyes filled with confusion.

"Don't save me." Jimin sternly said. "I've caused you and everyone surrounding you too much pain. That's why I'm leaving, Jungkook. I'm going to give myself up."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Ahh! Thank you for 9k reads 😭 When I first started off this story,, I didn't expect to get this much support and love. Thank you guys so much ♡!!

Please remember to vote & comment your opinions. 

P.S. The end is near! Only about 3 more chapters left :(