chapter sixteen

Chapter 16: There's no us. We're two people from completely different worlds.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Because I'm special." Jimin tried to explain to him.

"Special?" Taehyung scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. "I don't understand what you mean by this?"

Jimin signaled for him to closer. Taehyung scooted closer and leaned his head closer towards Jimin. Jimin whispered in his ear. "It's because I'm a mermaid."

Taehyung jerked his head back in surprise, mouth wide open. "W-What? You're joking right?"

"Wait..." Taehyung stood up from the bed and roamed around the room aimlessly, realizing something. "Am I being punked by Jungkook right now? This bitch. Yah, he set you up to prank me right?"

Taehyung grabbed Jimin by the shirt and pulled him closer to him. "Tell me truthfully. Did Jungkook set you up to prank me?"

"Nope." Jimin smiled at him. "I'm not lying though. I'm really a mermaid."

Taehyung let Jimin go and shook his head in disbelief. "You guys really are something. Ha, this was a good one Jungkook."

Just wait till you come back you bastard. He angrily mumbled to himself. I'll teach you not to play around with me like that.

Taehyung took a seat on the bed and waited for Jungkook to come back from his shower. It was 30 minutes later when Taehyung heard the water turn off. As soon as Jungkook entered the room he was greeted by an angry looking Taehyung.

"What's wrong with you?" Jungkook asked as he brushed past him and set his dirty clothes on the laundry basket. "Did something happen while I was gone?"

"Jungkook, this kid is saying he's a mermaid." He pointed at Jimin who just nodded at Taehyung, a wide smile plastered on his face. "Where did you find such lunatic?"

Jungkook turned to look at Jimin and shook his head. With his eyes he asked Jimin why he had told him. Jimin shrugged and smiled at him. Where was I supposed to sleep? He mouthed.

"I think I'll head out to explore the house for a bit." He stood up from the bed and left the room, leaving the two friends to talk alone about the current situation.

"Um, I don't know how to tell you this." Jungkook scratched the back of his neck and took a seat on the bed, Taehyung following behind.

"It'strue.Jiminisamermaid." Jungkook mumbled rapidly making it hard for Taehyung to understand the nonsense he was saying.

"Huh?" Taehyung titled his head in confusion. "I didn't understand anything you just said."

Jungkook took a deep breath and grabbed Taehyung's hand placing it on his lap. "It's true. He wasn't lying, Taehyung. Jimin is a mermaid, an actual mermaid."