chapter fifteen

Chapter 15: He was someone special who I didn't want to lose.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Jimin, I don't want to take you home. I want you to stay here with me."

Jimin didn't know how to respond to Jungkook's request. He had to admit that he liked the boy since the first time he met him, but he knew it wasn't possible for him to live with him all his life. Jimin belonged in the sea and that's the only place he should be.

"Jungkook..." He grabbed Jungkook's hand and held it. "I'm sorry but I have a home to return to. I don't belong here in the human world, I belong in the sea."

"No, I understand." Jungkook tried to explain but stopped midway. "I just thought- you know what? Forget it."

Jungkook turned on the engine and started driving. He felt his eyes watery and his lip quivering. It was hard for him to see the road ahead of him due to the tears threatening to spill at any moment.

He shook his head and wiped his tears when Jimin wasn't looking. Jungkook didn't know why he felt so heartbroken at Jimin's reaction. It's not like he liked the boy romantically. Actually, Jungkook had no idea how he felt towards Jimin. He liked him of course (as a friend) but his heart felt a different way towards him - although he didn't want to admit it.

Jimin was a blessing to his life. Jimin brought a certain happiness to his life that was once obscured by darkness. Jimin made him feel loved, he made him smile; he brought a warmess that followed everywhere around him.

So, it hurt. It really hurt when Jimin rejected his offer, but Jungkook understood where he was coming from. It seemed to be that Jungkook forgot that he was a mermaid for god's sake! And he belonged in the sea, not here. At times Jungkook wished he was a normal human being but it couldn't be.

The remainder of the car ride was silent. The sun was already up, it must've been around mid-day by now. The sun was shining brightly on the road ahead of them. Jungkook turned around to face Jimin, the sun brightly on his now-golden skin. He had his hand out the window, letting the breeze pass by.

They drove for another 30 minutes before entering the city. They drove around before stopping in front of a small, white house.

"We're here" Jungkook coldly let Jimin know.

He got out the vehicle and out to the trunk. He took out his and Jimin's suitcases and made his way towards the house, leaving Jimin alone inside the car.