chapter twenty one

Chapter 21: I warned you not to mess with me.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The two boys spent the rest of the day playing several booth games and riding several rides. The day went by quicker than Jungkook had expected and the two were now making their way back home.

Jimin was happily skipping on the road, hugging the teddy bear Jungkook had won for him. He was lifting up in the air, throwing it and then catching it.

Jungkook trailed behind Jimin, admiring how beautiful he looked when he was happy. Jimin giggled every time the bear flew up in the air.

Jungkook jogged closer to Jimin and wrapped his arm around his shoulder. "Did you have fun?" He asked the boy who just nodded, still entertained by the teddy bear.

"Yes." Jimin smiled towards him. "This is the most fun I've had in years. Thank you Jungkook."

Jungkook just nodded and kept walking alongside Jimin back to Taehyung's house. The once sunny sun will soon be setting and this indicated to Taehyung that they needed to hurry up.

"Jimin, let's go." He tugged on the boy's arm, dragging him quickly beside him. "It's almost sunset."

Jimin quickened his pace alongside Jungkook and the two hurried home. The walk home was shorter than the walk to the carnival, much to Jungkook's relief.

Once inside, Jimin kissed Jungkook good night and made his way inside the restroom, still carrying the teddy bear Jungkook had gotten for him.

"Good night, Jimin." Jungkook kisses the boy goodbye and walks him inside the restroom to make sure he got there safely.

Once he sees that Jimin has made it safely inside the restroom, he goes to the restroom they were supposed to share and changes out of his smelly clothes.

He goes inside the bedroom's restroom and decides to take a quick shower. He turns on the water and once it's the temperature he desires, he makes his way inside the tub. Jungkook scrubs his body clean and washes his hair, making sure to get rid of the puke smell.

For a while he just stands there, just letting the warm water hit his body. He can't help but feel a bit worried. His gut has been telling him that something bad will happen soon. He has ignored it all day long but just now the worry has started to increase.

Jungkook gets out of the shower and changes into a pair of clean clothes. He washes his teeth and once he's done, he heads out towards the living room area where Taehyung sat munching on some takeout, laughing about some tv show.

"How was it?" Taehyung immediately asks him as soon as Jungkook takes a seat next to him.

"How was what?" Jungkook confusedly asks Taehyung as he snatches one of the takeout boxes from the table.

"The date." Taehyung says in an almost duh tone. "What else do you think I'm talking about?"

"It went..." Jungkook stops midway thinking about a word to describe today's occurrence, "Great."

"You sure?" Taehyung eyes him, "Because you don't seem convinced it went great."

"It did. We had fun, a lot of it." Jungkook tried to convince the boy but Taehyung wasn't buying it.

"Tell me." Taehyung patted for him to get closer, "Tell me what really happened?"

Jungkook sighed in defeat and started spilling everything that happened. Taehyung -being the good friend that he was- tried not to laugh at Jungkook's embarrassing moments.

"Wow." Taehyung covered his mouth, containing his laughter. "You sure know to ruin dates Jungkook."

"Shut up, Taehyung!" Jungkook smacked the boy on the head. "It's not funny! I didn't even have the chance to kiss him because of my stinky breath."

"Then you should've kissed him." Taehyung exclaimed, "I don't think he cares if your breath is smelly or not."

"But I do! How embarrassing." Jungkook covers his face with his hands as he tries not to remember the embarrassment he had passed earlier.

He uncovered his face and breathed out, "All that matters is that Jimin had fun. That was my goal."

Taehyung patted him in the back and stood up from the couch. "I'm going to bed. Night."

Jungkook waved him goodnight and Taehyung left him alone. Jungkook sighed at the mess Taehyung had done and started picking up his trash.

"Aish. This boy can never pick up after himself." Jungkook mumbled annoyingly to himself as he picked up the empty boxes of takeout.

As he was making his way to the kitchen to throw the boxes out, a knock on the door interrupted him.

Who could be this late at night? He thought to himself.

Jungkook ignored the knock, thinking that it was just a prank But the knock on the door only grew louder and persistent. Jungkook shouted, "Hold up!" to the person knocking.

Jungkook quickly threw the boxes out and went to open the door. He opened the door and behind it stood the person that he least wanted to see, Kim Namjoon.

"Nice to see you, Jungkook." He smirked, smoke surrounding him from the electric cigarette he held in one hand.

Shocked and scared, Jungkook tried shutting the door but Namjoon held it open with his hand. Namjoon pulled Jungkook out the house and dragged him outside.

He pushed him hard enough to cause Jungkook to fall on the dirt. Jungkook quickly backed away, trying to get as far away from him as possible. Namjoon seeing that he was trying to escape, kicked him on the chest. "I told you to not mess with me. I told you to hand over the mermaid but you just don't listen, do you?"

"I am!" Jungkook pleaded. "Just give me a few more days. Please."

Namjoon laughed and kicked Jungkook on the stomach. Jungkook rolled over to the side, trying to sustain the pain emerging inside him. He wanted to scream but he didn't want to worry Taehyung and Jimin, so he swallowed the pain.

"I know..." Namjoon punched him, "You're not going to hand it over."

Jungkook digged his fingers onto the dirt, trying to crawl his way from Namjoon. Namjoon grabbed ahold of his shirt and dragged him to a wall behind the house. He threw his body to the wall like a ragged doll and Jungkook slowly sat up, his head hanging to the side. He coughed and blood started coming out of his mouth.

"H-How did you find me?" Jungkook barely managed to stutter out.

"I've been following you."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── 

Happy valentine's day to all my lovely readers ♡! I hope you have a wonderful day & remember that I love you so fucking much!! You don't need no valentine to be happy. My boo (dog) is my valentine this year... That just sounds sad </3

I know this chapter is shitty and I apologize. This was ANOTHER filler chapter because my mind has been blank the past few days, sorry. I also apologize if it seems confusing and repetitive as hell because I was half sleepy when I wrote this.

But please do remember to vote & comment your feedback. And make sure to download and listen to IKON's new album 'RETURN' and go make sure to go support NCT U's upcoming comeback as well! I've been waiting forever for a comeback from them and it's finally coming!!