chapter eleven

Chapter 11:  Selfish persons are incapable of loving themselves.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

When Jungkook arrived at the research facility he was expecting complete chaos. Scientists running everywhere, Mr. Han shouting at everyone, his face red from screaming so much. But instead he was greeted by complete utter silence. The research facility was empty, completely deserted. Jisu didn't greet him on the front desk like always.

Jungkook made his way to the 12th floor and it was same as the reception floor, completely empty and dark. The lights were shut, no sound could be heard, and there was an unusual cold breeze engulfing the room.

He wrapped his arms around his body trying to garner some heat. He walked around the floor looking for any sign of activity but found none. It was as if like the world had taken everyone and decided to leave Jungkook there.

"Hello?" He called out. "Is anyone here?"

Jungkook continued walking around the facility until he stopped at the door at the end of the hallway. He opened the door and luckily it was unlocked. He made his way inside and walked the long, narrow hallway he hated. The single red lightbulb illuminating the hallway gave Jungkook chills just like the first time.

Once he got to the room he made his way down the stairs and noticed that everything was just how he had left it yesterday morning. The water was still all over the floor and the tank was wide open with no one in it.

But Jungkook couldn't shake how uneasy he felt in the room; he felt like someone was there with him, watching him. It made him paranoid so he decided it was best for him to leave as quickly as possible.

Jungkook was frightened when he saw a shadow of a man hovering above him. There was a minimal amount of light in the room, so it was hard for Jungkook to see who the shadow belonged to.

"H-Hello?" Jungkook stuttered out. "Who is there?"

No response. The shadow of the man still there, not moving, just looking directly at Jungkook. Scared, Jungkook quickly turned around and started making his way up the stairs. His feet shuffling nervously with every step he took.

He was afraid and wished the shadow was just a product of his imagination; just a figure he created because of how stressed he was these days. Jungkook took a deep sigh in relief when he was already at the top of the stairs. As he was about to open the door to leave, someone gripped his arm tightly stopping him from leaving.

"L-Let me go!" Jungkook struggled but the unknown person continued to grip his arm.

The unknown person suddenly grabbed Jungkook and slammed him against the wall. Jungkook groaned in pain as he felt the impact of the hit on his head. The person blocked Jungkook using his arm, holding him against the wall with them.

"Tell me where the mermaid is." The person demanded.

"N-Namjoon?" Jungkook asked, his eyes blurry.

"Yes it's me." Namjoon said.

"Tell me where the mermaid is!" He demanded once again.

Jungkook groggily tried pushing Namjoon's arm away but failed. Jungkook needed to get out of there and fast. Namjoon was crazy and out of control. He didn't know what to do, he was trapped. So he did the first thing that came to his mind, he bit Namjoon's arm. Namjoon took his arm away from Jungkook, hissing in pain. Jungkook took this as a chance to free himself from his grip and make a run for it.

As he was running towards the door Namjoon held onto his arm, gripping it tightly. "You're not going anywhere. We have some business to take care of."

Namjoon dragged Jungkook back and wrapped his arms around his neck. "You're gonna tell me where the mermaid is Jungkook! I'm not going to let you sabotage my plans."

"Tell me." Namjoon shouted, wrapping his hands tighter around Jungkook's neck.

Jungkook shook his head. "I-I don't know where it is." He barely managed to whisper out.

"I'm not an idiot like Mr. Han, Jungkook!" Namjoon yelled. "I know YOU took the mermaid. Where is it?"

Jungkook shook his head once again. "E-Even if I have it, i'm not telling you where it is. It's far away from you and Mr. Han's reach."

This angered Namjoon who gripped Jungkook's neck with all his might, squeezing it. Jungkook gasped for breath, his face starting to turn purple. He kicked his feet trying to free himself from his grip.

"Namjoon p-please." He begged. "I'-I'll give you the mermaid. Just please let me go."

This answer satisfied Namjoon who immediately released Jungkook from his grip. Jungkook fell to the floor and gasped for air. He felt his body fall in relief when it felt itself getting oxygen back. Jungkook was scared, terrified of Namjoon. He had never seen him like this and he wished he didn't have to anymore.

Jungkook was afraid and hoped Namjoon wasn't going to harm him anymore. He scooted back to the wall, trying to stay as far away from him as possible. Jungkook touched his neck, still feeling pain from the tight grip Namjoon had around it. For a moment he thought Namjoon was going to actually kill him and he saw positive he is capable of doing so.

Namjoon kneeled down next to Jungkook and smirked. "See, it wasn't so hard to cave into my request."

"You're such a heartless and selfish person!" Jungkook spat, his tone laced with fear and anger.

Namjoon laughed and patted Jungkook on the head. "You are so innocent. People like you are easily crushed in this evil world."

He leaned in closer to Jungkook and whispered in his ear. "Everyone in this world is selfish. Including you Jungkook."

Namjoon stood up from his kneeling position, leaving Jungkook to think about his words. He pointed at Jungkook, "You have 4 days. 4 days to return the mermaid or you're dead."

With that said, Namjoon left but not before giving Jungkook a little piece of advice. "Do as I say because you don't know what I'm capable of."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I'm sorry for another short and boring chapter :( I have been hit with major writer's block and it's been so hard to write. But I hope now that winter break has started I'll have more time to clear my head and get back to writing like before. I promise to try to get more chapters up during the break 😊