16

Nathan's POV
"Hey Zola, what color do you want your room to be?"  I ask Meredith's oldest daughter.
"Can we paint it pink?  Like a light pink?"  she asks.  
"Of course, honey.  We can go to Home Depot and find a color today when Mommy comes home."  I say.
"Can we get the color before Mommy comes home?  I really want to surprise her."  Zola says.
"Sure.  Where's Bailey and Ellis?  We can ask Bailey what color he wants his room."  I say.
"He probably wants spaceship themed.  I can find the colors and we can paint his room too."  Zola says.  "I think Ellis is at the hospital with mommy in the day care."  
"Okay.  Well, let's go to Home Depot!"  I say.  I get her buckled in the car and we drive to the store.  

"Okay, so here's the pinks, and the blues and greens are over there.  Let's look for yours first, okay?"  I say.
"Okay!"  Zola says and runs over to the light pinks.  (Color below is the color of her room, or what it's going to be)

  (Color below is the color of her room, or what it's going to be)

"Alright, now let's find a color for Bailey's room.  Did you say he would want spaceships??"  I ask.
"Yeah."  Zola says, walking over to those colors and picks out two.

"  Zola says, walking over to those colors and picks out two

"It's going to look great, Zo.  Now I have to get a color for me and mommy's room.  Can you help me pick something out?"  I say.

I decide to redesign all of the bedrooms, and these are what the kids have come up with.  While we shop for these, the contractors are being updated on what they have to do. 

"Now Zo, we can't live in my house until the construction is done on our rooms, but when they're done, they will look exactly how we all want them to, okay?"  I say.
"Okay.  Are we going to stay at Grandma Ellis' house?  Or the Dream House Dad Derek built for mommy?"  She asks.  
"I think we'll stay at Grandma Ellis house until our house is done."  I say.  I had no idea that Derek built the Dream House.  Now how was I going to compare to him?  

"Daddy?  Can you be my real daddy?  You make my mommy really happy and I know dad Derek is still here but you're always here and he isn't." Zola says.
"Of course, honey. I will always be here.  And I can be your real daddy." I say. I pick her up after getting the paint cans and we drive back to meredith's old house.

"Hey Nathan, why is there a painting truck outside of the house?" Meredith asks through the phone.
"Because Zola wanted to decorate her room, so we got paint for her room, B's room, Ellis' room and our room. We can decorate the nursery together." I say.
"Where are you guys?  It's time for the kids to eat." She says.
"We're at your old house, your mom's house." I say.
"Okay. I'll be there soon." She says and hangs up.

"Okay kids, I'm making mac and cheese, does that sound good?" I say.
"Yum!  Daddy I'm hungry!" Bailey says.
"Daddy!  Mac and cheese!" Ellis says trying to copy B.
"Dad!  Can I help?" Zola asks.
"Sure honey. Can you get the shells from the cabinet and the cheese and butter from the fridge?" I ask. 
"Yup!" 
We finish making mac and cheese just as Meredith walks into the house.
"What smells so amazing?" Meredith asks.
"Mac and cheese mommy!" B shouts and runs up to her and tackles her in a big hug.
"Careful there, B." 
"Lets go eat dinner!"  Meredith says, picking up Bailey and putting him in his chair, Zola climbs into hers, and I put Ellis in her high chair.
We have a wonderful dinner of max and cheese and talking about room colors and themes and what Zola did in pre school today and Bailey did in day care.

A/N: sorry for the short iodate, I've been packing for university but I'm almost done so I can write a longer update soon!!!  Thanks a million for reading!!!  Xoxo Kallie Grey