17

*flash forward 3 weeks until the house is done and rooms are painted, and kids rooms look like pictures from previous chapter*

Meredith's POV
"Mommy! Look! My room has a spaceship bed! Isn't it so cool?" Bailey screams down the hall.
"It's really cool B! Do you like it?" I say, walking down to his room.
"I love it mommy! Thanks so much!" B says.
"Well, daddy did this for you, so why don't you go thank him, okay?" I say.

Bailey runs down the hall to Nathan, who's making us lunch in the kitchen.

"Mom, my room is perfect! I love it! I feel like a princess!" Zola says, poking her head out of her room.
"I'm glad you love it, Zo."
"Thanks mom!" Zola says and disappears back into her room.

I walk down the hall with Ellis on my hip to mine and Nathan's new room.

The walls are a light gray, there are mirrors on each wall, the bed frame is a dark brown wood with matching dresser, and night tables.

I feel hands wrap around my waist and a chin on my shoulder.
"Like it?" Nathan whispers in my ear.
"It's incredible."
"I'm glad you like it honey. Let's go see Ellis's room, then the nursery." Nathan says.

I follow him down the hall to a room with a purple E on it.
"El, this is your room." I say while Nathan opens the door.
"Momma! It's purple!" Ellis says loudly the second the light is on.
"Just for you, sweet pea." Nathan says.
"Dada! I wove it! Is so pwetty!" Ellis says.

(Picture below, imagine the bed frame is white)

"And across the hall is the nursery." Nathan says, opening that door.

"Oh my gosh, this is amazing babe! I can't wait for her to get here

"Oh my gosh, this is amazing babe! I can't wait for her to get here." I say, rubbing my baby bump.
"I'm going to add letters that say Alexandra Marie on the wall behind her crib." Nathan says.
"In that rose gold color or millennial pink?" I ask.
"I'll try to find rose gold letters, and if not, a really light gray." Nathan says.
"Momma, who Alexandra?" Ellis asks.
"Your baby sister who isn't born yet. We have about four months left until she comes." I say. "She's in mommy's tummy right now."
"Oh. I talk to her?" Ellis asks.
"Sure honey." I say. I sit in the rocking chair and Ellis walks over to me.
"Hewo Awexandwa, it's Ewis, your big sister. I weally wanna see you." Ellis says, her little toddler lisp making words sound different.
"Baby Alexandra is excited to meet you too." I say.
"How you know?"
"She just kicked me to let me know." I say. "Here, feel." I say and take my youngest daughters hand and place it on my belly.

"Wow!" Ellis says.
"It is pretty cool, isn't it?" I say.
"Uh huh.  Momma I hungry." Ellis says.
"Let's go get Zola and Bailey and go to dinner, okay?" I say.

"Kids, do you want to go to Sonic or In n Out?" I ask.
"In N Out!" Zola says.
"Yeah!" Bailey says.
"Nathan?"
"That sounds great. Ellis?" He asks.
"Yum!" She says.
"Then it's decided.  In N Out, here we come!" I say. I grab the keys and we pile into the car.

We order and sit down at a pic-nic table outside.
"Mom?" Zola asks.
"Yeah sweetie?" I say.
"Is she really going to be named Alexandra Marie?"
"Of course honey. It's a wonderful name and me and daddy both love it." I say, taking another bite of my burger.
"Daddy, are we going to love with you forever?" Bailey asks.
"Uh I think so B. I mean, until you go to university." Nathan says.
"University?" Bailey asks.
"There's elementary school, middle school, high school then university and then if you want graduate school and then you work.  Graduate school can be medical school or getting a graduate degree." Nathan explains.
"And Zola is in elementary school this year and you will be in 2 years." I say.  "But you need to eat more of your burger so you can be big and strong for school."
"Yes mommy." Bailey says and starts chowing down on his burger.

We finish our food and drive back home.
"Kids, pjs and then we can watch a short tv show or part of a movie. Okay?" I say.
"Yes Mom!" Zola says and runs and comes back down in a few minutes.
"Momma I don't wanna change.  I wanna stay up and not go to sleep!" Bailey screams.
"Bailey Derek Grey.  Go get changed now or you won't be watching any shows for the next week." I say sternly.
"Yes mommy." Bailey says and runs upstairs. 
"I can take El and get her changed. You go change and take a few minutes to relax." Nathan says and takes Ellis from me. 
"Thanks babe." I say. I go upstairs and sit down on my bed and take a few deep breaths. I undress, take a fast but warm shower and put on pjs and go back downstairs.

"Chuggington or Thomas?" I ask.
"Thomas!" Bailey says.
"Thomas!" Zola says.
"Ya!" Ellis says.
I put in the DVD and press play.

Nathan and I let them watch three or four episodes of Thomas, and by then the three of them are either asleep or half asleep.  I take Bailey upstairs while Nathan grabs Zola and Ellis. I kiss B on the forehead and go to Zola's room and do the same and pull up the covers a bit. 
I go to Ellis and see Nathan rocking her on the chair.
I pull out my phone and take a pic quickly before walking over to them.
"Hey honey." I whisper.
"Hey. She's out.  She's just so precious I didn't want to out her down." Nathan whispers. 
"I get that. But we gotta go to sleep too if we want to be somewhat rested tomorrow.  We have a big colab surgery tomorrow with a dozen other doctors.  Let's go to sleep babe." I say.

We go to bed and are fast asleep in minutes.

I wake up with my head on Nathan's chest the next mornkng, his arm around me.
I kiss him and he stirs slightly. I keep kissing him until he wakes up.
"Morning sweetie." He says.
"Morning." I say.
"Lets wake up the kids." He says. 

We get up and wake them up and get them dressed for kindergarten and day care. 

"Coffee?" I ask.
"Of course." Nathan says. I order coffee while he drops the kids off at day care. We already dropped Zola off at the school around the corner.

"Alright people. We got a big surgery today and everyone need to be calm, collected and we need to take our time but stay on schedule."  Dr Bailey says. She's the chief now.  "Disperse."
We scatter and get prepared for the day.