15

Cristina's POV

That's not true. Cristina. Tell me that it's not true. I'm getting married to Amelia in three weeks. This cannot be true." Owen says firmly.
"And yet here I am." I say.
"I'm getting Meredith." Owen says.
"Okay." I say.

"Owen, Cristina, what's wrong?" Meredith asks. "Did you tell him?"
"Yep and he doesn't want to believe they're his since he's getting married." Cristina says, looking at her lap.
"Owen, would she lie to you?" Meredith says.
"No, but-"
"Then why are you questioning it?" She shouts at Owen.

Meredith's POV
After telling at Owen, I storm out of the room with a muttered sorry to Cris.

I run to the nearest on call room and break down in tears.
I hear the door open and someone sits down next to me.

"What's wrong?" Nathan says.
"Owen thinks I'm lying about Cristina being pregnant. But it's his fault for going to see her 10 weeks ago in Zurich." I say through tears.
"And why does this make you cry?" Nathan asks.
"Hormones. And I don't appreciate being called a liar." I say.
"That makes sense. Is there anything I can do to help?" He asks.
"Just be here. I'm going to try to sleep for a few hours before surgery so can you lay with me?" I ask, laying down.
"Of course." Nathan sayd, wrapping his arms around me and I love my head to on top of his chest and I quickly fall asleep.

"Honey, your phone is going off." Nathan says, gently waking me up.
"Crap. What time is it?" I ask, sitting up.
"3pm." Nathan says, reading the time off my phone.
"Crap. I have surgery in 30 minutes." I say getting up quickly.
"What's the surgery?" He asks.
"Appy. It's fast. I'll be done in an hour or two. Can the kids and I come over for dinner?" I say.
"Of course. We can plan the kids rooms tonight too with input from them, of course. I thought you're moving in?" Nathan asks.
"Oh right. Yeah. We have to figure out a time to do that too. We can plan thay tonight. I have to go, honey. I'll see you to night." I say, giving him a quick kiss.

I rush off to my surgery, which I did without complication and picked up the kids at 5pm.

"Mom? Are we going to daddy's house tonight?" Zola asks.
"Sweetie, that's where we're going to be living. We're moving there." I say to my oldest.
"Really? Yay! Do I get my own room?" Zola asks.
"Yep, and you get to design it any way you want!" I say.
"Yay! Is Bailey still going to share with Ellis?" Zola asks.
"No, Bailey is going to have his own room, and so is Ellis, until Alexandra comes, then she and Ellis are going to share a room." I say. I get Bailey and Ellis buckled into the car, while Zola sits in the far back of my Lexus.

"Mer! Zola! Bailey! Ellis!" Nathan says, run ing out of the house.
"Daddy!" Bailey shouts and runs to Nathan. Zola runs over and gives him a big hug.
"I have mac and cheese and frozen peas and mashed potatoes ready for you guys!" Nathan says.
"Yay!" They both shout. I get Ellis out of her seat and Nathan grabs her and brings her in. I gran my bag and follow them inside.

"Mom? Can daddy tuck me in tonight?" Zola asks.
"Sure honey. But go put your pjs on and brush your teeth." I say
"Yes mom!" Zola says and jumps up from the couch.
"Momma?" Bailey asks.
"Yes baby?"
"I don't feel good." He says.
"What's wrong?" I say.
"My tummy hurts." He says. A minute later he throws up all over the floor and the coffee table.
"Aww honey. Babe, can you take B to get his pjs on? I'll be up in a minute." I say.
I clean up the vomit while resisting the urge to throw up. The smell is awful.

"Olivia, is it bad if Bailey, my son, is sick and I take care of him?" I ask.
"I mean, it wouldn't be good for a long time but an hour tops would be okay. As long as you don't get sick too. Then it could be bad for your baby." Olivia says.
"Okay, thanks. See you tomorrow." I say and hang up the phone.

"Mer, be careful. Are you going to the hospital tomorrow?" Nathan asks.
"Yeah, why wouldn't I? It's my job." I say.
"Because B is sick and you're pregnant. I don't want you to overwork yourself." He says.
"That's sweet, honey. But I'm fine." I say.

I get up from the floor from cleaning the vomit, and get light headed.
"Okay you're not going to work tomorrow." Nathan says.
"Yes, I am. I just got up too fast." I say. I make my way to our room but things go black when I turn around to talk to Nathan.

Nathan's POV
Meredith turns around slowly but falls to the ground before she can say anything.

"Meredith!" I shout to catch her.
I pick her up easily and carry her to the bed.

I grab my phone and call Olivia.
"Nathan? Is everything okay?" She asks answering the phone.
"No, Mer fainted and I don't know if it's because of Bailey being sick or stress. I don't want to bring her to the hospital so can you maybe come here?" I ask.
"Of course. I'll be there as soon as I can." Olivia says and hangs up the phone.

I look back at Meredith and she's starting to move again.
"Nathan? What happened?" Meredith whispers.
"You fainted, honey. Olivia is coming soon so don't get up." I say.
"Okay. Is it because of B?" She asks.
"I don't know. That's why Olivia is coming." I say.

I get her a glass of cold water and a wet washcloth.
"Thanks." She says.
"Of course honey." Any time.
She drinks the water and I go answer the doorbell.

"Thanks for coming, Olivia." I say letting her in.
"Of course. Is she upstairs?" Olivia asks.
"Yeah. Master room." I say.

Olivia goes up with a black bag and closes the door before I can get up there.

Olivia's POV
I close the door so that Nathan doesn't have to be uncomfortable in the room during the exam.

"How are you feeling?" I ask Meredith.
"Tired, kind of faint." She says.
"Are you drinking enough water?" I ask.
"Probably not but I'm trying to drink more." She says.
"That's good. At work, try to keep a water bottle with you, and stop drinking coffee and caffeinated tea." I say.
"Yes ma'am. I'll try. Anything else?" She asks.
"Are you eating enough? Getting enough sleep?" I ask.
"I'm eating more than before but I didn't eat much before. I'm trying to get more than 8 hours of sleep each night but with 3 other kids, it's kind of hard." She says.
"That makes sense. But try to get more sleep and try to eat more. Try to carry a few granola bars with you at work." I say.
"Okay. I'll try to remember." She says.

I pull out a portable ultrasound and check the baby.
"Everything looks good." I say, showing Meredith the screen.
"That's good. Do you want to stay the night? It's what, 11pm?" She says.
"It's actually 12:15, but sure." I say.
"Can you get Nathan?" She asks.

"Nathan, you can come in now." I say through the door.
"Finally. Is everything okay?" He asks.
"Yeah, everything is good." Meredith says.
"That's good. Why did you call me in here?" He asks.
"Can you get the guest room ready for Olivia?" Meredith asks.
"Sure. Be careful, Meredith. Try not to get stressed and drink more water " Nathan says to Meredith.

Nathan leaves the room to get the guest room ready.
"You guys are so cute. Mark seemed so in love with Lexie." I say.
"He was. They were on again and off again so many times, but his love for her never faltered. I'm not sure why they never got married but he would have married her years ago, if she was ready. But she was 24 when they met, and she wasn't ready to get married." Meredith says.
"Wow, 24, really. That's young." I say.
"Yeah. Anyway, I think I head knocking. Nathan must have the guest room done." She says.
"Thanks again, Meredith. Rest, and I'll see you in the morning." I say.

Meredith's POV
Olivia leaves and let's Nathan back into the room.
"Hey babe." He says. He climbs into bed and I snuggle up to him.  "How do you feel?"
"Really tired." I say and I fall asleep with him running his hands through my hair, something Derek never did. Derek would always watch me while I slept, which I always thought was a little weird but whatever. This was much more enjoyable.