12

"What about Alexandra Marie Riggs?"
"Zo, that's really sweet but are you sure?" I ask slowly.
"Yeah. I know Auntie Lexie's full name was Alexandra and it's a pretty name." She explains.
"Riggs though?" I say.
"Yeah. She's daddy's baby and daddy's last name is Riggs. It only makes sense. Wait, why did you call me Zola Elizabeth Grey earlier, not Shepard?"
"Babe, this is on you." I say to Nathan.
"I just assumed it has always been Grey." Nathan sputters while driving.
"Nope. It usually is Shepard. But wait, now that you're getting married can it be Grey-Riggs?" Zola asks.
"I don't see why not." I say and look at Nathan.
"It sounds like a wonderful plan." Nathan says.
"Really?"  Zola says getting excited.
"Really. When little Alexandra comes we can change all the kids names if you'd like." Nathan says.
"That would be good. Grey-Riggs. Has a nice ring to it." I say and lean back in the seat.

We get all of the kids out and upstairs, and get them situated in front of a movie.

"Mer, we should probably tell Amelia, Maggie and a few other people." Nathan says.
"Shit. Probably." I say.
"Want to FaceTime everyone?" Nathan suggests.
"Yeah." I day and pull out my laptop and call Amelia.

Amelia
Mer and Nathan

Hey guys!  What's up?  Aren't y'all in Disney?  How is it?  Is it really sunnyIt's been rainy all week here. Oh is there a reason why you called?
Yeah actually.  So Nathan and I are getting married and the kids are getting their names changed to Grey-Riggs, per request of Zola.
Wait what.  When did this happen?  Omg I'm so happy for you guys!  Tell me everything when you guys come back!  Omg this is so exciting!  Do you guys have wedding plans yet?  Wait it's probably too early for plans, right?  Are me and Maggie in it?  Please tell me we are!  Oh and picture Ellis in a little flower girl dress! I can't wait!  Have fun and I'm so happy for you!! Wait Owen!  Come tall to meredith and Nathan a minute. Yes now.  Ugh whatever. Oh now he decides it's worth coming over.
Hey man how's it going.
Good. So what's Amy getting all excited about over here?
Me and Mer are engaged and the
What.  Mer, Amy, can you guys leave us alone for a minute.

We both leave the screen as Nathan and Owen talk. I hear Nathan getting frustrated then my laptop getting slammed shut.

"Hey babe. What's wrong?" I say, running my hand gently up and down Nathan's back.
"Owen wanted me to break it off with you.  Said it's moving too fast. He also said something about a Cristina and what would she think and how he was supposed to protect you and some other shit." Nathan rants.
"Shit. I have to tell Cristina. Pass me my phone." I say.  I go through my contacts and tap Cristina's. 

"Hey Cristina."
"Hey Meredith. I'm going to surgery in 40 minutes so make it fast." She says. Always about to head to surgery.
"Step away from people and make sure you won't get too mad." I say slowly.
"Okay... is everything okay?"
"Yeah.  It's great. I'm getting married and I'm having a kid. A daughter." I say.
"Shit. That's what Owen meant when he said to not get mad or freak out."
"He texted you?  What why?" I ask.
"He's just looking out for you."
"Yeah but did he tell you it's Nathan?" I ask.
"Shit. No. That's why.  Is the kid his?"
"Yeah. I'm really happy.  Will you be my maid of honor?" I ask.
"Will you guys have am actual wedding, not just on a post it note then I'm court to adopt Zo?" Cristina asks.
"I-yeah. We will. Zola really missed you, by the way." I add.
"Aww say hi to her for me. Have you though if any names for the new baby?"
"Yeah. Alexandra Marie Grey-Riggs."
"Aww. In honor of Lexie?"
"Yeah. It was Zola's idea." I say quietly.
"Wow. Zola's what, 5, now?"
"Yeah. She's getting bigger." I say sadly.
"Mer, I need advice. What do I do if I'm throwing up every morning for the last week?" Cristina asks.
"Come back to the states and get an ultrasound. I mean it.  Come back to Grey Sloan. You need your person and your person can't fly after this trip." I say.
"Alright. I'll book the next flight for when you get back to Seattle. I talked to Owen. He said y'all are in Disney." She says.
"Thanks Cristina." I say.
"Of course. See you soon." Cristina days and hangs up the phone.

"How did that go?" Nathan asks.
"Great. She's coming out when we get back. We need to find a place to live that's not in the same house as Amelia, Maggie and Alex." I say.
"My house has 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms.  We can redecorate for the kids. Zola and Bailey can have their own rooms, Ellis and Alexandra can share, we can have our own and have a guest room or office." Nathan suggests.
"Really? That would be amazing. Let's plan to move in maybe 2 weeks after we get back?"
"Sounds like a plan." Nathan says with that charming smile of his.