26} Sorry

Liam's POV

"What do you mean she's missing?!" I confronted the doctor as we returned to Emily's room.

"Mr. Payne. Please calm down. She couldn't have gone far. We'll find her I promise." He said putting a hand on my shoulder.

"He's right Liam she has to be here somewhere." Harry said.

But they didn't understand. Emily could be trying to commit suicide again. She could already be dead as we speak. I can't have that happen. I need Emily to be alive. She has to be. If she dies in this hospital I will never forgive myself. It would have been my fault. I didn't watch her so she snuck away and killed herself.

"Thank you." I said letting out a deep breath and the doctor walked away.

"Don't worry Liam. I'm sure she's fine..." Niall said patting my back.

"You're right I'm just overreacting. I hate to not know what's going on..."

"I know mate. But they'll find her. I guarantee it." Zayn said.

"I hope so..."

Just then I heard wheels and rushed footsteps coming down the hall. I heard panicked voices but couldn't make out what they were saying. A bed was quickly making it's way around the turn and towards us.

"Out of the way!" A nurse screamed and all the boys quickly moved to the wall.

It looked to be a female figure on the bed. She had blonde hair. My heart started beating fast as they came closer. I caught a glimpse of Emily. My heart skipped a beat as they rushed past us.

I started to take off but one of the boys caught my arm and held me back. I struggled against Harry, who was fighting to keep his grip, as the rest of the boys quickly tried to calm me down.

"Liam think! They're taking her to the emergency room! You can't go in there!" Harry screamed.

I finally stopped fighting them and sat down on the bench outside of Emily's previous room. I put my head in my hands and actually felt tears coming down my face. I can't remember the last time I cried...

"What did I do wrong?" I ask looking up at the boys.

"Liam... You haven't done anything wrong." Harry says sitting down next to me.

"Harry's right lad. You couldn't possibly have known that this was going to happen." Niall said, backing up Harry's reason.

"I didn't know that was going to happen. But I could have prevented it. I should have stayed in the fucking room with her instead of leaving her on her own! I shouldn't have got angry with her. She probably thinks we all hate her because we left her by herself..." I said.

"Liam. We all left her. This isn't your fault..." Harry said trying to calm me.

"Alright." I mumbled.

Harry nodded his head and turned away from me. I lifted my head from my hands and leaned back against the wall behind me. I let out a sigh as the six of us sat in silence.

No matter how hard they tried to convince me that it wasn't my fault I'll always believe it is. It's my fault she's in here. It's my fault that she tried to commit suicide. It's my fault she tried to do it twice...

I couldn't stop her. Not even the idea of me could stop her. So what do I mean to her? Do I mean nothing to her? Does she not realize how much she means to me? I couldn't imagine living without her... And having her almost slip away from me, twice, is hard to bare.