29} Welcome Back

Liam's POV

It's only been a week without Emily. But it feels like it's been a lifetime. I get calls every now and then, but it's just not the same as hearing her voice.

They still haven't told her how long she has to stay. Hopefully it won't be much longer. I miss her but I'm also worrying about her. I just hope that when she comes out she'll be the same Emily that went in.

Sometimes I find myself on her twitter page, waiting for a tweet that never comes. I constantly look through her pictures just to have some way to look at her. I miss her beautiful smile, her beautiful, chocolate brown eyes, and just having her in my at arms. I wait by the phone every day at 2:00 to wait for her call, just so I can hear her voice.

I'm pulled back into reality by the phone ringing. I glance up at the clock and it points to exactly 2:00. A smile forms on my lips as I pick up the phone.

"Hello?" I answer excitedly.

"Liam.." Emily says, relief flushing her tone.

"I miss you so much."

"I miss you too Liam.."

"Have you found out yet?" I ask anxiously.

"I heard the nurse talking to someone out in the hall yesterday. She said it would be only a few more days Liam. I can come home soon." She said and her voice cracked.

I was speechless.. Only a few days? That's way less than I've ever thought she'd have. Of course I was expecting the worst but I definitely wasn't expecting a few days.

"That's great... I- I can't wait to see you..." I said calmly running a hand through my hair.

"I know... I can't wait to see you either..." She said, and even though I couldn't see her I knew she was tearing up.

I couldn't believe it. She'd be home in just a few short days... I miss her so much and I can't explain the emotions I've had without her...

"Liam I have to go. I'm being kicked off the phone." She laughed half heartedly.

"Okay. I love you... I'll see you soon.." I said slowly, trying to drag out my last moments with her voice.

"I love you too... See you soon."

Those were the last words I heard her say before she hung up and she was gone again. It's phone calls like these that make me believe that she's okay. The ones that tell me that everything's going to be alright...

I'm still thrilled that she's going to be home in only a few days. That's the best news I've heard in a long time.

Management has been trying to get us to work on a new album, but whenever I'm in the studio I can't focus on the music. We've decided to call the album Take Me Home. We have a few tracks done, but I just haven't been able to write any music. I've been too worried about Emily.

"What's up mate? You look like something... Just happened." Harry said awkwardly.

"Like something just happened?" I laughed.

"I don't know. Just tell me what happened!"

"Emily's getting out in a few days."

As I said that his face lit up with a smile. I expect everyone to be happy that Emily's coming home but he had something a little more behind his expression.

"That's amazing. I'll go tell the rest of the lads." He cheered, racing out of the kitchen.

Why did Harry seem so excited when I told him Emily was coming home... Sure he's going to be excited his friend's getting out but it seemed like more than that.