31} Rumor Has It

Emily's POV

"One Direction's Liam Payne and, apparent, girlfriend Emily Tanner spotted in a mental hospital locking lips" she said making quotes with her fingers when she said girlfriend, a picture of me and Liam kissing in the lobby of the mental hospital flashed onto the screen as she continued to talk, "According to an anonymous source, Emily has an active problem with self harming. Of course there's no way Liam is okay with this and we're not sure how long Lily will last. This is Bridgette from Hollywire-."

Liam's manager paused the video as she was signing out. He let out a long sigh as he switched his gaze from Liam to me.

"So what are you planning to do about this Liam?" He asks, gesturing to the computer screen in front of him.

"I don't know..." Liam answered, running a hand through his hair.

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"I just don't alright!"

Liam, clearly getting angry, pounded his fist on the glass table. Surprisingly it didn't break. I thought for sure the thin glass table top would've shattered under the force of his fist.

"I don't see why it's so important. Everyone has their own secret." I say putting a hand on Liam's knee.

"It's important because I'm scared for you. I don't want the fans to go crazy-" he started, but I interrupted.

"Bullshit! You don't want the fandom to go haywire because you don't want the band to fall apart because if the band fell apart then that means less money for you right?!"

He didn't answer and only looked down at his shoes. After that reaction I knew that I was right.

I can't believe that they don't care about the well being of the boys they are managing. One of them could die for all they care as long as they got publicity for it.

"This is ridiculous." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Listen I'm only trying to do my job. I wish there was a way for me to wave a magic wand and make this go away." He said softly, trying to sympathize with us.

"No you don't. You don't care about us. All you care about is money an publicity." I said under my breath.

"Ms. Tanner!" He shouted angrily then took a deep breath to try and collect himself. "There is no need for accusations. We will try to figure something out, a cover up maybe, for this... Problem..."

Liam sighed next to me and raised out of his chair. He rubbed the back of his neck like he always did when he was nervous and took a deep breath.

"Look. I know that the fans are pretty bad right now... But there has to be some way, some way to at least cover up this story." He paused and looked down at me. "Because I love Emily with all my heart and I don't know what I'd do without her. Please you can't break us up. What if it was you in my position? What would you do?"

The manager looked down at the ground again. He stood silent thinking about his answer to Liam's question.

I don't want the whole world to know about my past but I also don't want to break up with Liam again... Of course I want this to be covered up... But is that really going to help the situation?

"I would say the same things you're saying to me now..." He said softly. "Give us a few days. We'll think of something. I'll try to get them on your side..."

"Thank you. Thank you so much..." Liam said.

"Don't thank me just yet."

As soon as we were out of the room and into the hallway, tears started to flood my cheeks. I didn't know why they were coming now instead of when I was really upset but I didn't care. Liam was the only one with me now and I'm not afraid to cry in front of him anymore.