Imagination

"Hey baby"
"Hey" he said kissing my cheek and walking straight to his office. "Are you hungry" I said excited.

"No I picked something up already, but thanks" he said shutting his door. I sighed and just made a plate for one. Again for the 300th time this year, It felt like it anyway.

It was 8:25 already and I just wanted to go to bed or lay down you know I'm lazy. So I walked to his office "baby"

"Yeah" he said tiredly
"When are you coming to bed"
"I dont know yet I still got a lot stuff to do" he said a little fustrated

"Can I help" I said curious
"No. I'll be there in a couple hours, you'll probably be sleep" he said still looking at his work.
"I'm scared of the dark"
"Bae turn on the light, I have to get my work done." He said finally looking at me.

"Sorry um okay" I said sighing and closing his door.

At this point I think I just annoy him. It seems like it anyways. It's got to the point where I think about divorce. Then again I don't know if I could leave him there confused because he never listens.

So I just went to my room took off my red satin robe and got under the cold covers. You know how it feels when you first get under there and it's cool. Well it's always like that for me when I go to bed. No kiss nor hug just a goodnight or I'm not finished I gotta a lot of work to do.

It's been so many nights where I cry myself to sleep and he doesn't even know because he doesn't check up on me. Sometimes I think he does but it mostly my imagination. Or the wind moving around my cold bedroom.

In my dreams I have nightmares of what could actually happen. I wish I could just fix it.

~

When I woke up strong arms where around me like always just appearing there. Unfamiliar to my body until a couple hours ago. I try to sit up but his hold on me is tight. It's really cute and it's one reason I stay. Just because its moments like this that make me smile.

Then he wakes up and it's all over.
"Sorry baby was I to close" he said "No I just was gonna take a shower, wanna come" I said. At first it looked like he was gonna say yes and then his face palmed "Naw, I'm still sleepy" he said laying back down on his bare back.

-

I sat in the shower just thinking while I washed my hair. What if I gotta job would it be different. Maybe I'd actually be happy for a change. So I stepped out the shower and got a towel afterwards I just blow dried my hair and put it up into a high bun. Then I came out and he was half way sleep so I took off my towel exposed. He didn't do anything but stare.

You see Im not skinny Minnie and I'm not fat I'm thick as in small waist thick booty and a size D at the top. So it wasn't like I didn't have anything to look at.

"Baby we gotta talk tonight, about work hours" he said

"Roc what if I got a job" I said curiously

"What do you mean"

"I mean a job, so you won-"

"Why" he said

"Because your always working and we-"

"Yeah well if you get a job we'll both be working all the time." I hadn't thought about that and it hurt me that he was right. So I shed a tear " You okay. Baby if you wanna job I'm not stopping you" he said

"That's not the problem" I said weak
"Then what's wrong"
"I don't think if I got a job that you would notice me anyway"

"What do you mean notice you" he said concerned for the first time.
" you put your job before everyone Roc" I said sadly.
"I don't , that's not true" he said
"I feel like you don't love me, Roc"

"you think I'd be working my ass off if I didn't" he said

Then I woke up