David x Reader

You watched your counseling partner hang from a pole. You sighed, jumping up and unraveling him, catching him when he came down. You set him down and he went back to smiling. How was he so good at that? Being someone he isn't?

"Guys, don't do that. David works really hard at keeping you guys safe. He'd die for you guys, every one of you. Sadly, all you'd do is sit around eating popcorn and cheering."

Nerris raised her hand, "I'm not as rude as max, space kid isn't mean to him at all. Erid is too busy being cool to be rude."

"Hey! Don't be mean to Max! It isn't his fault!" David scolded Nerris like a mother, even though his scolds never worked on anyone. He was too happy and peppy to look truly mad.

"Look! He's defending someone who hates him so much! David is a nice guy. He would never want to hurt you guys but you hate him for no reason. Today isn't Tuesday anymore, it's David Day... and Tuesday! Let's celebrate David's hard work!" Bad idea y/n. His eyes turned to stars at the fact he was going to get appreciation, and it already radiated off of Space Kid and sort of other campers, except for Max, Neil, and a bit of Nikki.

Pretty soon everyone but max and Neil were making crafts for David. Instead of making stuff for David, they were drawing him dying. Small chat filled the tiny, air conditioned room. Some about David, but most just about random stuff like "woah look lint!" And "do you like my drawings?" David was crying because of being loved so much. You walked to him to see if he was okay, but instead were met with a very, very, VERY tight hug from him.

"Thank you so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so" he gasped for air, "so so so so much! I love it!" His smile stretched so far, you swore it could fall off. He jumped at you and hugged you.

You were about to say something when you were taken back by the tight hug and the millions of 'so's, so you just smiled and hugged him back.

Wait. What is Preston drawing.

Once he let's go, you 'wander' over to Preston.

"What are you dr- PRESTON THAT'S INAPPROPRIATE" you tore up the picture he'd drawn of you and David kissing.

He looked at you and frowned, "at least critique it!" He yelled.

"Here's what I think, your hands were off and y/n would be kissing me, I wouldn't kiss her. I'm too shy to confess." David says. What. Wait. Waiiiiit.

"What?" You asked. Without warning, David smashed his lips against yours, wrapping his arms around you. Like the clique you were, at first you didn't do anything, but then kissed back. Nerris, Preston, and Nikki were squealing, max was surprised he had the guts to do that, and Neil was gagging. Space Kid was not here, Dolph was busy drawing himself and dogs, Nurf was picking on Erid even though he wasn't getting anything. Harrison had been in the middle of fighting Nerris, so he just sat there and was like meh I'm magical.

That day ended with a camp song not sung by one, but a beautiful duet between two cheesy people.

This chapter was requested by HolySmokesDallon

If you have requests, send them in! Comment them please!

Have a beautiful day, mwah!

Word count: 602