Ch.8

Once we got there Ash told the boys that there's a pizza place a few shops down and that we'd join them once we were done. As Ash and I walked around the furniture store we started talking. "So, K, what've you been up to since I left?" He asked me. "Um, same stuff I guess" I never really left the house, I just stayed home and wrote music or played with Ashton's old drum set. I had been taking lessons, I had wanted to play the drums since I was 14, and now that Ashton was gone, mom finally let me take lessons. I didn't go out very often because I didn't want to run into anyone from school, the bullying I suffered during was almost too much, I couldn't risk getting bullied outside of school too. "I haven't asked you how Harry and Lauren, yet, well how are they?" Harry, now 10, was a little prankster, and Lauren, 14 now, was exactly like you were when I was when 14, before I got sad. "They're good, Harry's pulling pranks left and right and Lauren's started wearing makeup and is holding her own with boys, they want her but she doesn't want them." You and Lauren shared a room. Ashton and Harry used to share a room, but Harry has his own that Ashton's gone. "Ohh, look at this shade" you say coming across a pretty shade of lavender. "It's nice, is that what you want?" I nod my head. "Ok let's get it then, but did you say boys are starting to go after Lauren?" He asks. "Yeah, but for now she has no interest in them." Ashton sighs in relief "thank god, I don't think I could handle Lauren starting to date, I had a hard enough time with you." I had a few "boyfriends" in the past, they were never serious or anything, they really meant nothing. It's sad to think that your 14 year old sister has better game than you. "Come on Ash, you know they meant nothing, who would like me anyway" you mutter the last part. Just as he's about to open his mouth I see the most perfect little dresser for my room. It was white with a big mirror on top. I run over to and say "OMG, Ash, pleeeaaassseee" like a little kid. Ash laughs and says "ok sure, whatever you want." And lastly I walk over to the nightstands and find a small little pastel pink nightshade. Ash and I walk over to find someone who works there and tell him what want to get and arranges for a delivery truck to bring the things over. Then we walked over to the pizza place, with me internally praying that Ash had forgotten about what I'd said earlier.