Chapter Twenty-Nine

Frank P.O.V

My chest slowly moved up and down, Gerard's head resting on my stomach. He was holding onto my with a tight grip, I ran a hand through his hair. I couldn't sleep at all, not even a little bit. I couldn't even close my eyes. I felt like something was wrong- not with Gerard, or his brother- but outside. It was early morning, and there were no birds chirping, the sun wasn't even as bright as I had imagined it to be. I couldn't exactly see outside, but from the light that was coming through the curtains I knew that something was wrong.
I stroked Gerard's cheek to try and get his attention, he growled at me. Raising an eyebrow, I opened one of his eyes.

"I know that you're awake." I whispered, he smiled, nuzzling into my chest. I moved his fringe out of his face so that I could see his now open eyes. "I think that there's something going on outside." I whispered, watching him frown.

"Are you sure that it's not just shitty weather?" He whined, I shook my head. He grumbled to himself, rolling over so that he was at the edge of the bed. Swinging his legs over the edge, he moaned as he stretched his limbs before going over to the window. Watching him, I noticed that he frowned, putting a hand against the windowpane. I wrapped myself up in a blanket, standing next to him.

The world outside the window seemed eerily still. There were no cars outside, no people, no animals. I was even convinced that there was no wind, as the trees stood completely and utterly still. Gerard wrapped his arm around me as we stared outside, a huge frown spread across his face. We both knew what we had to do, my sister was messing around with things that she certainly couldn't handle. Gerard sighed, wiping his face exasperatedly with his free hand. "Lets go find my book."
~>•<~

Mikey wasn't keen on waking up so early, but his girl didn't seem to mind. She didn't see my to care about anything if I was being brutally honest, she came across to me as some sort of brainwashed object that waited on Mikey hand and foot. But, I guessed that she was a gift from their father, and she suited him wonderfully. I sat in the passenger's seat, holding Gerard's hand. His thumb stroking the back of my hand, the way he always did. Despite his asshole ways, he was the most gentle soul that I knew. He cared about me in ways that I never would have imagined, even if he didn't care to admit it. He looked at me, his eyes shining innocently. That boy was far from innocence.

We were on the road for what felt like hours, but the world around us never changed. It was still the dark, dusty-looking scene that we saw from our bedroom window. It looked just like home, in Hell, minus the flames and the screams. Gerard stopped the car, as we got to a forest path. He looked behind at Mikey, who nodded in agreement. Getting out, an obnoxious heat washed over us. I scratched at my arms, Gerard locking his car, checking the handles. "I don't want to drive it closer to the spot, it'll ruin it." He said, tucking his keys into his pockets. I shrugged, linking his arm as he led the way.

The world was still silent, as we walked through the woods together. Every now and again Gerard would push his brother into a tree, which would result in the two of them diving on each other, laughing. I supposed that the two of them never spent any time together, and that they hated each other. It was nice to see them together, seeing as that would be one of the only times that they would be together, after Gerard and I returned home.
"Frankie?" I heard him shout, I jogged to him. He linked my arm, holding me close. "I can hear something- like static. It's weird." I personally couldn't hear anything, so I figured that his book was somewhere nearby.

Then, he stopped. His face scrunched up, like he was remembering something painful. Standing in front of him, I managed to get him to look at me. "What's wrong?" I asked, holding his head. He pouted at me, a flicker of pain in his eyes. "Do you want to stay here?" I asked, earning a rapid head shake. Nodding, I linked his arm again, as we continued walking. We ended up in the centre of a clearing, and I half-expected my sister to be stood right in the centre. She wasn't. There was a tall oak tree, it's bark black, as though it had been burnt. Mikey and his girlfriend stood at the edge, leaving us to adventure on alone. By that moment, Gerard was groaning to himself. I had no idea why going near to his book was hurting him so much, but I didn't like it.

"Do you think it's in the trunk?" He asked, his voice saturated with pain.

"It might be hollow, tap it." I suggested, he staggered towards it, kicking it with his heavy boot. He shook his head, looking like he wanted to murder somebody.

I heard a cough, I looked over at Gerard. It wasn't him, he was too busy with his pain. I walked behind the tree, a scowl spread across my face, and there she was.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Paint It Black by The Rolling Stones

A.N
I am so shit with following schedules. I was writing this all day, but I bought Rollercoaster Tycoon (one of my childhood faves) and was obsessing over that. I've also been reading over a new fanfic that I've been writing, and that will be up today. NO it is not frerard, I want to take a break from that for a little while. If that means that people don't read it, or I lose followers and reads- that's grand 👍🏻
I'll know who's here for the long haul, and the people that are only here for Frerard and gay porn 👍🏻

Anyway, rant over- don't forget to comment and vote, it really helps me out <3