Chapter 16 Book 1

After a War

Hermione sat in Muggle studies class. Oddly, she had it with Bella, Maya, Theo and Draco. Draco sat next to her naturally. His notes had taken up two pages, they had only been in class twenty minutes. She was blushing the entire time, as he always grabbed her hand when he wasn't writing.

"Now, class is almost over." The teacher said. "I was nice and let you choose your partner today. Tomorrow, you will have new partners and you will sit with them every day for the rest of the year." The teacher said. "We will pair up with Gryffindors because I'm having a good day." He smiled at the students. Gryffindors walked into the room.

"Hey Hermione." Harry said as he walked. She smiled at him.

"Now, we will draw from the bag. For fun, we will have the Slytherin's pick from the bag and call out the name they got. Bella first." The teacher said. Bella walked to the man. She pulled a peice of paper out of the bag.

"Fred Weasley." Bella said. Fred walked over to her and they leaned against the wall.

"Maya next." The teacher said.

"George Weasley." Maya said.

"Theodore next."

"Luna Lovegood." Theo said quietly. Both Neville and Luna groaned. Luna didn't usually get upset over things.

"Meg."

"Neville Longbottom." Meg said.

"Carlos."

"Harry potter." Carlos said.

"Solomon."

"Stella Grace." Solomon said.

"Draco."

"Ron Weasley." Draco called out. Hermione sighed of relief and fear.

"And that means miss Granger getsa Miss Weasley." The teacher said. He smiled and nodded at each student as they left the class room. Draco walked up to her.

"Ready?" He asked.

"For what?" Hermione asked.

"Grab my arm." He said happily. She did and they apparated into a snowy park. She gasped at the cold air.

"I got everything set up." Draco said. He got his wand and whispered accio. Two outfits appeared before them. He used his wand to put the outfits on them. Muggle outfits replaced their school robes.

"Draco. This is amazing." Hermione said as she looked at the outfit.

"I tried as hard as I could to learn everything about Muggles." Draco said as they began to walk. His fingers laced with hers and she smiled.

"Where are we going?" Hermione asked.

"Somewhere special to muggles." Draco said. He looked around and found what he was looking for. He covered her eyes and they walked straight ahead. The strong smell of popcorn stung her nose but the sweet smell of candy made her smile. He let go of her eyes to show a movies theater lobby.

"Draco!" She said excitedly.

"Would you like to see a movie?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure." She said in shock. He smirked and lead the way. He bought tickets and they sat in the theater.

"Soda?" He asked. She nodded, he handed her a medium soda. She smiled as he drank his gallon of soda. They sat through the entire molvie. Draco laughed at the Muggle jokes and never said anything about how stupid it was. He never interrupted the movie and he held her hand the entire time. They were walking on the sidewalk when he pulkked her into a restaurant.

"Draco! This is a fancy place!" Hermione said as a waiter walked them to a table.

"I know, I thought if the golden m place was amazing, what would a place like this bring?" He asked and smiled as they sat down.

"What can I get you to drink?" The waiter asked.

"Coke." Draco said.

"Waters fine." Hermione said. She tried to look at her menu the entire time. This was her first real date honestly. She glanced up at him often to either see him staring at her or looking at his menu. The waiter returned with the drinks.

"Thank you." She said as she grabbed her water. Draco did the same with his soda.

"Can I get you appetizers?" The guy asked. Draco looked at her and she shook her head.

"No thank you." Draco told him.

"Are you ready to order?" Again he looked at Hermione. She nodded.

"Yeah, I'll take the jack burger with fries." Draco said. The guy wrote it down and turned to her.

"Alfredo with shrimp." Hermione said. He smiled and nodded.

"Nice tatoo by the way." He said, motioning to Draco's dark mark with his pen. Draco smiled and nodded but when the guy walked away he quickly pulled his sleeve down.

"I like it, if I was a Muggle and didn't know what that tatoo meant, I would get one myself." Hermione said awkwardly. She was more worried than she thought. She'd already had a first kiss but she was super worried about a first date.

"This is your first date isn't it?" He asked.

"Unless you count the library with friends." She said. She shifted in her seat.

"Your really uncomfortable aren't you?"

"I haven't been to a real Muggle restaurant in a while. Is this your first date or did you ever take Pansy out?" Hermione asked.

"Actually, I took lavender out." Draco said.

"Seriously!?" She yelled, a few people glanced over.

"No, I'm kidding, this is my first date. My parents didn't want me dating till I found the perfect purblood for me." He said. Hermione eased into her chair but was still very tense.

"And here is your food." The waiter said as he walked up and placed the dishes in front of them. He also refilled Draco's drink for the millionth time. They ate silently for a while. They paid and tipped the guy that served them. They walked onto the sidewalk and headed towards the park.

"I'm sorry if I messed this up." Hermione said. He smiled at her.

"You can't ruin anything." He said, she blushed as usual.

"Yes I can." She said.

"I highly doubt it."

"How much research did you do for this?" Hermione asked.

"I knew our servers name, I knew everyone that acted In the movie we watched and I knew everyone in that room." Draco said, he looked at the snow crouching beneath their feet.

"That's more studying than I usually do." She smiled and stopped walking. "I like people who challenge my knowledge." She said.

"Then you'll have to find somebody else because I'm a bloody idiot." Draco said.

"And why is that?"

"You'll see in a few seconds." He looked as though he might cry.

"What!" Hermione asked.

"No matter what happens," his forehead rested on hers. "I love you Hermione." He said. She blinked once, then twice, then everything went black.