Remember Me! (Guren x Reader) Part 2

Guren's P.O.V

(Y/N) was sat with her team eating lunch, a smile was etched onto her face as her team joked around causing her to laugh. I smiled at seeing her laugh. I missed hearing that laugh. I missed being the cause of her laughter.

I was sat with my own team only a few tables away from (Y/N)'s. I couldn't take my eyes off of her, the way her (H/C) hair captured the light, the way her (E/C) eyes shone like the stars. I loved (Y/N) and I refuse to give her up.

"Sir, are you okay?"

She's so beautiful in my eyes, a diamond in the rough...

.... "GUREN!"

I snap out of my trance and glare at Norito. "Stop being so loud, it's annoying" I groan looking round the table only to find that all eyes were on me. I look around at my team and Shinya. "What?" I ask, my voice laced with irritation.

"You'll have to speak to her sooner or later. Otherwise you'll never do it and you'll live alone and be that grumpy old man that whacks people around the head with a stick" Shinya said, his mouth full with bread. I sigh and look towards (Y/N) only to lock eyes with her own. She looks away quickly, a light blush coating her cheeks as she focused on her food.

"Haha! Guren, the great lieutenant general is blushing!" Norito adds, a hearty laugh following his statement as he nudges Mito, her lips set in a frown as she looks down at the table. "S-shut up!" I shout, slamming my hand down on the table.

I grunt as I settle down in my seat once more and cover my eyes with my palms as I sigh in defeat. "I'll talk to her today, if only to make you guys shut up." They cheer happily in response nudging me in a teasing manner.

"You go sir!"
"See ya later"
"Good luck"

I stand up, the chair squeaking beneath me as I walk towards (Y/N)'s table. I stop in front of (Y/N) and cough slightly which catches her attention. She looks up at me, her mouth stuffed with pizza. "May I speak to you please... alone." I state, my cheeks burning as I look into her eyes.

One of her friends sat beside her nudge her quickly in the side, a smile on her lips as she looks up at me knowingly. (Y/N) glances at her friend in confusion before quickly stuffing the rest of the pizza into her mouth and nodding in response. I start to walk away towards the exit. I comb my hair quickly as I hear her fast footsteps behind me. My heart starts to beat uncontrollably as (Y/N) walks beside me. "Did you need something sir?" She asks, her voice trembling slightly as she trips up a step. I catch her in my arms, wanting to hold her for eternity. But that wasn't meant to be as she steadies herself and releases herself from my grasp. "I'm so sorry sir! I didn't mean to! I promise!" I laugh softly at her reaction and pat her head. "Call me Guren." She nods in response "okay, sure... so where are we going?" She asks as we reach the top of the building. I glance over at her and smile, "you'll know soon enough."

I open the metal door and walk out onto the top of the building. It stood several metres higher than the surrounding buildings, the concrete floor cracked in some places from the years of use and weather. I shut the door behind (Y/N) before joining her at the edge of the building as she looked around at the view.

"It's beautiful up here isn't it" she whispered, a small smile on her lips as she looks up at me. I can only nod in response as I look down at her, my mouth forming no words as I smile at her.

"So why did you bring me here?"

I sigh and look at the buildings, the afternoon sun casting shadows upon many of them. A warm breeze enveloped me in a comforting hug before carrying on, my hands stuffed into my pockets. "I thought that it would help you remember..." I murmur in response.

I glance at her quickly only to see a pained expression on her face. "I'm so confused" she cried out quietly. "Ever since I woke up in the hospital bed I've felt useless, like a let down to so many people. There were people... so many people that I didn't remember... like my team, my friends, my comrades... but whenever I look at you, my heart aches and I feel like I've lost something important." I open my mouth to reply but nothing is said as I struggle for words. Yet (Y/N) continues in a soft spoken voice. "I'm so sorry if I'm irritating you but I had to get it off of my chest. I feel like you're important to me but I have no idea how!"

My heart breaks at the words that flowed out of her trembling mouth, her eyes overflowing with tears. Silence embraces us as I turn to face her. I grasp her shoulders and smile down at her, my eyes pricking with tears as I lean down, my forehead resting on her own as a tear rolls down my cheek. "You're important to me (Y/N)... you're the reason that I live, the reason that I still fight and believe in humanity. You're my everything." I bend down and kiss her lips gently, holding her like you would with a scared rabbit. I expected her to pull away but no resistance came as she wraps her arms around my neck pulling me closer. The kiss we shared was passionate and timeless as our lips moved in sync.

-----------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Tears roll down my cheeks as memories started flooding back.

~
I first met Guren when I was walking towards a meeting with the Hiragi family. I sat next to him in the meeting and wrote notes for his sleeping self throughout. Yet when it was time to leave he grasped my wrist and offered to buy me dinner, which I gladly accepted. That was how it all started.

~
I was at home, alone. It was our anniversary and he had forgotten. It was past 11pm and I had given up on waiting... that was until I heard a knock at the door. I sigh in confusion as I walk towards the door.

"They're for me?" I ask as I open the door to my apartment only to find a tired Guren on my doorstep with a bouquet of roses, a box of chocolates and a large teddy. "Happy one year anniversary (Y/N)" he whispers before pulling me in for a passionate kiss.

~

"I'm not getting up" he groaned as he threw the duvet over the both of us. "I'm don't give a damn about my duties, I'm staying here with you for as long as I can and if that means trapping you in the bedroom then I'm completely fine with that" he whispers in a tired tone of voice. You roll your eyes and laugh softly before he pulled you into a tight embrace. "Fine" you whisper as you kiss his cheek.

~
You were sat at the top of the building beside Guren looking at the fading sunset, the clouds painting the sky various colours as you rested your head on your boyfriends shoulder. "Won't you get in trouble for skipping the meeting?" You ask quietly, afraid to ruin the moment. "You're the most important thing to me in this corrupted world, the Hiragi family aren't going to get in the way of us."

"And why's that?"

"Because I love you (Y/N)"

"I love you too Guren"

-----------------------------------------------------------

I pull away from Guren's lips reluctantly and smile up at him. "I remember everything... I-I love you Guren... I really do" you whisper as you hug him tightly. "I don't want to let you go, not yet" you continue as you embrace him, his arms wrapping around your body protectively as he kisses your head softly. "You must be delusional is you think that I'll ever let you go (Y/N)."